Player Watch #52 Campbell Gray 2024 MSD Pick 16

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm really pissed off that he has pulled a hammy and is out for 8 weeks.

**** this club, get you're shit together. Nothing will be done either, chief is leaving so already in holiday mode.

It hard enough watching us get belted lately, we don't need these soft tissue injuries to make it worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know he just looked like a big lump running around nothing special perhaps I'm missing something. Surely if they give this guy a contract Blight deserves one unless he told them he wants to go back home.
Richmond has had a good look at him up close at training and games in the VFL
they must have seen something to offer him another year whilst injured

Don't know he just looked like a big lump running around nothing special perhaps I'm missing something. Surely if they give this guy a contract Blight deserves one unless he told them he wants to go back home.
So you didn’t watch him before he got injured then. Ok. No probs.

He's got speed and spring and athleticism, and he's 195cm. He's no lump, pretty wiry in fact.

You must have been watching someone else. 'Big lump' is not something that comes to mind, far from it.

So you didn’t watch him before he got injured then. Ok. No probs.

I was reading that like

Season 17 What GIF by America's Got Talent

Richmond has had a good look at him up close at training and games in the VFL
they must have seen something to offer him another year whilst injured

Yeah we looked in the cupboard and saw how bare it was.

But seriously, happy for the kid. Makes me wonder how long a player like Gray or Blight would be given to show something in the 1s. It's not like Sampson where we draft him and don't expect to see him for 4 years. Your early 20s type guys you would think have about two years to either cement themselves in the 1s or as reliable depth worth keeping on the list.

We are definitely at a point we need to be nailing as many picks as possible across all the drafts over the next 2-3 years.

Yeah we looked in the cupboard and saw how bare it was.

But seriously, happy for the kid. Makes me wonder how long a player like Gray or Blight would be given to show something in the 1s. It's not like Sampson where we draft him and don't expect to see him for 4 years. Your early 20s type guys you would think have about two years to either cement themselves in the 1s or as reliable depth worth keeping on the list.

We are definitely at a point we need to be nailing as many picks as possible across all the drafts over the next 2-3 years.
Ryan was 1 month short of being 20 years old when drafted
Gray was 20 years and 8 months when drafted

so nearly the same age

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #52 Campbell Gray 2024 MSD Pick 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Back