Retired #56: Sam Michael - Heads back to the NEAFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we think he will get a senior game?

I hope he does. He won't be here next year, but he's the only top up who hasn't now and I find him quite likable.
Honestly? No. Thought he should have been ahead of Jamar as a ruck but seems like he's behind Smack and Ruski in that regard.

Honestly? No. Thought he should have been ahead of Jamar as a ruck but seems like he's behind Smack and Ruski in that regard.
I wonder whether they'll try him forward for a game or two though. Particularly if Joe is going to be tried a bit more higher up the ground.

In that pre-season game against Carlton I was really impressed with his second and third efforts. Even if he lost the ruck battle, he'd follow up and be first to the footy. Hoping that he impresses because that kind of attitude will see him get another chance at AFL football.

He was a beast in the NAB Cup. I remember him trying to burst through a bunch of tackles Rugby style.

Happy about his inclusion. I think if he can show some form in the ruck over the next few months he could get a sneaky spot on the list next year.

Hope they use him as the main ruck and Mckernan as the forward/ruck since they're the spots they both need to fill to stick around next year imo. Get the feeling we'll play them in opposite roles though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going back to play NEAFL.

Was going to play for our VFL side, but his wife got a job offer she couldn't refuse back in Queensland.

Thanks for your efforts, Sammy.
Damn it, why couldn't they offer her something in Victoria?

In all seriousness, would have loved him to play VFL for us.

What a man this guy is. Did his ACL before half time in a NEAFL match and decided to play through the pain and ruck out the second half anyway

I got given my jumper number tonight by my local footy club. As I'm a newbie I got given a high number. I didn't get to choose it but I got given 56. I thought to myself "What players ever wore that number? There couldn't be many..."

I googled it and found AFL Tables, then I realise Michael Voss wore it for a handful of games, as did Tony Shaw. Then it dawns on me... DADSY HAD THE NUMBER!!!

It must have been fate. I am proud to wear 56 now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back