Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis - NM have been informed by JHF's management that he will seek a trade to SA [contracted for 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he was a little quiet in the fourth, but his first three were exceptional. Yet he still almost won the game for us late. Unbelievable talent.

I don't know if it was me reading things incorrectly, but there were a couple of instances were it looked like the Sydney players were hanging back waiting for him to make his decision. He just had too much time to make a play.
Is AFL app right? 1 possession in last qtr? I mean it was nearly the greatest possession ever. Did he get caught on the bench a bit in the last I wonder?

Is AFL app right? 1 possession in last qtr? I mean it was nearly the greatest possession ever. Did he get caught on the bench a bit in the last I wonder?
It was the only time I remember seeing him in the fourth, so it may be correct.

I think he was on the bench at the start of the quarter, but I'm not sure how long he was on the bench for.

They had someone sitting on his ass the whole 4th and rightly so, he was going to be the difference.

In the future he WILL be the difference..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve heard he’s turned down a rather large contract extension
He'd be crazy to accept an initial offer at this point - his value increases each game.

He'd be crazy to accept an initial offer at this point - his value increases each game.
Seriously at the point where I'd offer him 6 years on top of his original 2yr draftee contract (through 2029) at 800 a year. When he has 25 and kicks two next week it's 825 a year. Williams isn't stupid

I’ve heard he’s turned down a rather large contract extension
I've heard they are talking but not the knock back. You can only imagine what other clubs are saying to him about waiting and what offers they would be talking to get him back home. This is a major challenge to the club to get him to sign an extension. By mid year the media will start with the rumours. I hope the club can at least get a two year deal done - I don't envy their position.

I've heard they are talking but not the knock back. You can only imagine what other clubs are saying to him about waiting and what offers they would be talking to get him back home. This is a major challenge to the club to get him to sign an extension. By mid year the media will start with the rumours. I hope the club can at least get a two year deal done - I don't envy their position.
Give him what he wants ,
He is a generational one in a million player .

Last edited:
And so it begins…. Only took to round 4 in his first year .

And so it begins…. Only took to round 4 in his first year .
I don't think I have ever seen so much media interest in a player. We can all see how good he is. Will be a superstar. When Adelaide offered effectively three first round picks to get him you know they will keep coming.

Wants to play in a successful side ?
That will be one criteria but hopefully he can see what we are building. Maybe go back home - he is young. Clubs have these challenges all the time with young emerging talent. Trust the NMFC to make him want to stay. I'm sure they are 100% committed to that. Let's hope we can do the deal.

campaigner was going in slow-no.
You could tell midway through the second, he was like ‘ok, you guys are being too stagnate. I’m going to start doing it my way’ - making unique kicks, deciding to go in opposite directions then where the team was leading to try and create space. Fragments of Wells and Cunnington

I don’t care how big the contract or blah blah I just want him to stay and create and build the midfield that will take us into a dynasty💆🏽‍♀️

I don’t care how big the contract or blah blah I just want him to stay and create and build the midfield that will take us into a dynasty💆🏽‍♀️
100%. But unfortunately there are other clubs who will make this very difficult. He is worth whatever we can give him right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back