Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher - derp Brisbane player

Remove this Banner Ad

1607e5022b434d179a67368a3a0afbc2-full.png

(is what I imagine he'd be feeling like)

Do Sydney want him really, I mean really? Didn't really stump up much of an offer. Maybe they were lonely and wanted to have a respectful conversation.

I think two first round picks, one in the top 10 and one unlikely to be much higher classifies as a bit more than "much of an offer". With nothing coming back it would have been the most a team has given up since Judd.

Essendon were well within their rights to decline the best offer they'll ever get for Joe but don't be disingenuous

I think two first round picks, one in the top 10 and one unlikely to be much higher classifies as a bit more than "much of an offer". With nothing coming back it would have been the most a team has given up since Judd.

Essendon were well within their rights to decline the best offer they'll ever get for Joe but don't be disingenuous
Let it go for a year. Its over. Come back and troll next year if you get Joe as an RFA

My recollection of trade week...
Sydney: We want Daniher, what will it take?
Essendon: We're not interested in picks, we need players... from anywhere if it helps.
Sydney: :drunk:

You can run along now.

We wanted a quality player. Not picks. Get it in your head. And anyway, next years first could have been a pick in the 20s with so many academy etc picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We wanted a quality player. Not picks. Get it in your head. And anyway, next years first could have been a pick in the 20s with so many academy etc picks.
I doubt we seriously considered any offer. Asking for a player was just a **** you to the swans, in the hope they would ask the question of a few blokes and get their noses out of joint. A retaliatory shot.

I doubt we seriously considered any offer. Asking for a player was just a fu** you to the swans, in the hope they would ask the question of a few blokes and get their noses out of joint. A retaliatory shot.
I think this is true.

No matter who the swans put up we could then complain that the picks accompanying the player weren’t enough.

Eg They offer Heeney and pick 21 and we say no - we want Heeney and pick 5 etc

Look after the big fella. Want him cherry ripe in 12 months!

Will do

You have 12 months to sort out a trade package we like!

The thing most of your supporters don’t realise is, we don’t want picks I’m a shit draft full of midfielders. Give us the equivalent value of 2 first rounders in player value and the deals done.

Had the swans actually listened to what we wanted JD would be in Syd.

He’s doing polished man this year (an initiative that Walla is also involved in):

If you see him out in public give the lanky fella a hug and tell him we love him :)
When I'm feeling down, I've always thought the best thing is for a grown man to approach me without solicitation in the street, wrap me in a hug and profess their love for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher - derp Brisbane player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back