Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher - derp Brisbane player

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't Daniel Kerr ask to leave at one stage?

Didn't Daniel Kerr ask to leave at one stage?
I think Sydney threw bulk coin at him but it never got to serious. The Judd trade spooked them about the value the Eagles would ask for.

Andrew Gaff

Just imagine how good Joe could have been if he cared about footy. Would have been one of the GOAT’s.

Buddy but two inches taller and can jump out of the ground is a fairly imposing proposition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For only 1 x first round pick, you’re absolutely right, and so far, question marks on who we selected.

He’s a match winner on the big stage and a once in a couple of decade player, all this is doing is validating the attempt to keep him around.

You would kill to get someone like him in the door, it only reasons that you kill to keep them here as well.

He’s a match winner on the big stage and a once in a couple of decade player, all this is doing is validating the attempt to keep him around.

You would kill to get someone like him in the door, it only reasons that you kill to keep them here as well.
It would be pretty rare where someone has requested a trade which failed and didn’t leave at some point down the not-too-distant track. Papley is all I can recall in recent memory (say last 10 years).

By the time the club is made aware the player wants to leave the player has already made his mind up.

It would be pretty rare where someone has requested a trade which failed and didn’t leave at some point down the not-too-distant track. Papley is all I can recall in recent memory (say last 10 years).

By the time the club is made aware the player wants to leave the player has already made his mind up.

Ryan O’Keefe would be an example. Dusty was most of the way out the door but no one actually wanted him because he was a **** up.

Daniher was wishy washy in his intentions, it was absolutely the right thing to do to take the opportunity to try and convince him to stay, I don’t care what anyone says.

I can understand his motives. He has never been a footy person. It has always been his job. He was keen to get out of the Victorian footy bubble and now he has the lifestyle where he can stay well out of the spotlight and live in relative peace. Does not make the sting of watching him play very well in a big final any worse but I get it. Lifestyle is everything and there is no point just going through the motions if you have the chance to change your circumstances. I know I have not stayed in jobs that are just a paycheck.

It was the wrong thing to do
It was although the whole Papley / Carlton / Swans / Daniher / Essendon deal was never as close as it was reported. I know a couple of player managers who swear the deal was never really going to happen. Swans did not want to give up Papley and where prepared to have another shot at Daniher a year later. If Covid did not happen my mail was Joe would have stayed. Once they had to go to the bubble in QLD and all the in fighting started with the Lions showing some interest on top of the climate helping him mange his injury he changed his mind again. My source says it was a good thing he left anyway as he did not think Joe would have lasted longer than two years if he did stay at that time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher - derp Brisbane player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back