Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher - derp Brisbane player

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats Joe. Bloody killed me celebrating that last one, he was my favourite for so long.

Silver lining, is if this is the end, and he's hanging them up, we will have access to any future sons as F/S as he hasn't played 100 games for Brisbane yet. 108 for us.

Congrats Joe. Bloody killed me celebrating that last one, he was my favourite for so long.

Silver lining, is if this is the end, and he's hanging them up, we will have access to any future sons as F/S as he hasn't played 100 games for Brisbane yet. 108 for us.
suspect he's the last guy to encourage his kids into a life playing footy.

what a king he was yesterday. could've ripped that game apart by half time. alas, he didn't nail his chances.

loved he got a cup.

hate it wasn't with us.

always hated we spent all that time and money on his groin, only for him to go and get success elsewhere, but that's footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad he got to go out on top. Was so frustrating with the way it played out with him and Essendon (and so was his play at times), but he was a joy to watch when he was up and about. Probably has the most 'fun' highlight reel of any player for quite some time
Hope he enjoys whatever comes next
Three way tie between him, tippa and Stringer for highlight reels in the last 10 years.

He played his best footy at the Lions. I was so salty for so long but was genuinely happy for him last weekend.
He had the craziest raw talent of any forward I've ever seen, if he had been as driven as someone like Neale or Pendlebury he might've been the best player of the 2010s.
His departure came at a really shitty time to be a Bombers supporter. But that's not an isolated incident.

He played his best footy at the Lions. I was so salty for so long but was genuinely happy for him last weekend.
He had the craziest raw talent of any forward I've ever seen, if he had been as driven as someone like Neale or Pendlebury he might've been the best player of the 2010s.
His departure came at a really shitty time to be a Bombers supporter. But that's not an isolated incident.
that's just it, isn't it? he was oozing with talent that he just didn't care about. i can dig it, i think he just enjoyed mucking about with his mates for a few hours every week

that's just it, isn't it? he was oozing with talent that he just didn't care about. i can dig it, i think he just enjoyed mucking about with his mates for a few hours every week
i remember seeing him, mid 2017 when he was really breaking out and AA talk was starting, at the lcd soundsystem gig in melbourne on a wednesday. he was buying a tray of beers, randoms just yelling 'yeewww joeeey!'. he'd just give em a goofy wave and a grin. most football players are absolute bores but joe seems like he has actual interests and thoughts about life.

he played the weekend, took a couple hangers, kicked a couple a goals. was good times.

i remember seeing him, mid 2017 when he was really breaking out and AA talk was starting, at the lcd soundsystem gig in melbourne on a wednesday. he was buying a tray of beers, randoms just yelling 'yeewww joeeey!'. he'd just give em a goofy wave and a grin. most football players are absolute bores but joe seems like he has actual interests and thoughts about life.

he played the weekend, took a couple hangers, kicked a couple a goals. was good times.
dang i was at that gig, right up in the nosebleeds sadly, so i must’ve missed him. i did see him out in Carlton once when i went out for lunch with my girlfriend in 2018, didn’t want to disturb him & the players he was with, but it was a star studded moment for me

very on par for him, he has actual character. i adore him & i love that he went out on a win

Daniher: “I retire knowing I gave my absolute all to the Brisbane Lions and Essendon, and I am extremely proud of what I achieved individually and as a team."

He gave his absolute all at Essendon?

Daniher: “I retire knowing I gave my absolute all to the Brisbane Lions and Essendon, and I am extremely proud of what I achieved individually and as a team."

He gave his absolute all at Essendon?

he mostly did but was cruelled by injury

there was defiantly the small period after he requested a trade to Sydney that he just didn't give a shit, those 4-5 games after his return from injury when he was sitting on the fence and stuff like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher - derp Brisbane player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back