Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher - derp Brisbane player

Remove this Banner Ad

2017, that was the outlier wasn't it?

yeah 2017 was great year.

Still pissed we never saw Joe, Stringer, Fantasia and Tippa in the same fwdline at the same time.

Brutal

yeah 2017 was great year.

Still pissed we never saw Joe, Stringer, Fantasia and Tippa in the same fwdline at the same time.

Brutal
We can only dream of our top 5 goal kickers putting up numbers like this nowadays. How much did Stewart tease in his first year at the club too, 22 goals from 16 games.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241003_210713_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20241003_210713_Samsung Internet.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 15

Still pissed with him, the way he treated us with no respect at the end. But some people mature later than others. Looks like he probably has now.
Not sure maturity had anything to do with it. He simply was not a footy person and not a guy that wanted to be in the spotlight. It hurts and it sucks for sure but that was Joe.

Yeah feel like it was the same old Joe we had really.

Never felt like his issue was with Essendon it was just that he hated the attention in a footy mad city - the 2 clubs that he looked at Brisbane and Sydney both have heavy rugby influences.

Almost wonder if we were up there if he would have ever left or been happy being out of the spotlight

Just rewatching the Herbatron video tribute to Joey and noticed he was pretty happy to do interviews and appeared on footy shows like 360 in early years. Whereas now he leaves the rooms as soon as the cameras are near. I think that really shows the melb media treatment of him really got to him in the last few years at Essendon.
Can't blame him to be honest and it was the right decision call for him even though it still hurts as a supporter.

At least he won a premiership with the Lions instead of the Swans!

Not sure maturity had anything to do with it. He simply was not a footy person and not a guy that wanted to be in the spotlight. It hurts and it sucks for sure but that was Joe.

So sitting on fences, faking injury, sucking Essendon dry of 2 years of medical help, accepting 2 mill over 3 years for almost zero return, then shooting through is ok because he didn't like the spotlight?

I think even he would look back on that now and feel a bit embarrassed.

So sitting on fences, faking injury, sucking Essendon dry of 2 years of medical help, accepting 2 mill over 3 years for almost zero return, then shooting through is ok because he didn't like the spotlight?

I think even he would look back on that now and feel a bit embarrassed.
You putting your house on faking an injury ? Think you are introducing a few of your own facts to make the story sound good.

You putting your house on faking an injury ? Think you are introducing a few of your own facts to make the story sound good.

Even if that particular rumour isn't true all the others certainly are. And that's well and truly enough anyway.

But I think its likely true he was faking the injury at the end, because he was sooking it up sitting on fences after we refused to trade him to Sydney.

Even if that particular rumour isn't true all the others certainly are. And that's well and truly enough anyway.

But I think its likely true he was faking the injury at the end, because he was sooking it up sitting on fences after we refused to trade him to Sydney.
He wasn't.
He was sitting on the fence in 2020 anyway in the year he could move if he wanted to.
You want to question his commitment ? he actually made the injury worse by playing the first 7 games in 2019 because he felt he needed to push through for the sake of the club. It was the wrong thing to do but that was his mindset.
There has been way too much crap made up that never really happened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the talk was always he wasn’t honest with fitness staff about being sore. Played through it well intentioned but just made the injury worse.

Had fitness staff known they liked would have not played him
This is close to the story i was told. Thought he was doing the right thing by pushing through the pain but the fitness staff did not know the full extent.

He wasn't.
He was sitting on the fence in 2020 anyway in the year he could move if he wanted to.
You want to question his commitment ? he actually made the injury worse by playing the first 7 games in 2019 because he felt he needed to push through for the sake of the club. It was the wrong thing to do but that was his mindset.
There has been way too much crap made up that never really happened.
That, and all the beers he was drinking at the Tote Hotel

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher - derp Brisbane player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back