Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the umpires should watch how much Joe gets absolutely mauled each and every week. But at the same time he also sooks way to much and needs to stop playing for free kicks when the ball is there to be won.

I hope he builds some more strength over the summer and let's the holding speak for itself rather than turning and sooking.

Last edited:
I think the umpires should watch more how much Joe gets absolutely mauled each and every week. But at the same time he also sooks way to much and needs to stop playing for free kicks when the ball is there to be won.

I hope he builds some more strength over the summer and let's the holding speak for itself rather than turning and sooking.
Was sitting on the flank last week on the goldie right in front of where he got cleaned up, he was dragging his opposition to the ball on the lead like he was dragging a tyre in the sand before being smashed into by another suns players.

I think the umpires should watch more how much Joe gets absolutely mauled each and every week. But at the same time he also sooks way to much and needs to stop playing for free kicks when the ball is there to be won.

He goes to ground after literally every marking contest he's involved in, which admittedly makes it tough for the umps.

He kicked 34 goals in a defensive-minded team with some of our most important mids out for a large chunk of the year and a forward line lacking in structure. I think he has had a really good year. Time for more bulking now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will do much better if he realises he's not playing footy in the schoolyard.

Harsh.

He improved immensely this year.

He's no ####ing spud we know that.

Harsh.

It is a bit harsh but Yaco's right. The sooner he gets rid of a couple of bad habits he has -- like not paying attention to the man on the mark when he' up the field, or calling for the ball to be kicked long to a contest too often rather than making a lead -- the quicker he'll become the gun he's shown himself capable of being.

But he did improve immensely this year as you say, and he'll benefit from not having to be the 2nd ruck next year too.

Harsh.

Never stated JD was a spud - Can he be a premiership forward ? - Absolutely - As a point of comparison, JD plays like Steinberg did in year one and parts of year 2 before Steinberg was moved to defence - Schoolyard footy is a reference to JD wanting the ball kicked on his head when outnumbered -

As a point of comparison, JD plays like Steinberg did in year one and parts of year 2 before Steinberg was moved to defence
dont_you_say_that_billy_madison.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back