Player Watch #6 Logan McDonald

Remove this Banner Ad

He did it all right today and the way he kicked it was pretty unlucky to miss it.

From here - it should never have come down to Logan Mcdonald kicking for goal

IMG_0572.jpeg

On a hiding to nothing. If he goes back quickly and tries to hit up a lead, chances are based on the rest of the day the mark gets dropped, intercepted or misses the target. He then gets trashed for not having the confidence to take the shot. Instead he takes the shot and gets whacked for doing that as well.
Yep, hindsight is 20-20.

Going for a pass introduces a whole new set of variables, and things being left to chance.

If you’re in range, you have an unimpeded chance to win the game, it’s just a matter of execution.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

On a hiding to nothing. If he goes back quickly and tries to hit up a lead, chances are based on the rest of the day the mark gets dropped, intercepted or misses the target. He then gets trashed for not having the confidence to take the shot. Instead he takes the shot and gets whacked for doing that as well.
That was my point also - I thought. 😆

I am always curious when a club uses the phrase 'at least' in a story about a new contract.

Logan McDonald signs 'until at least the end of 2028'. Although it would seem a bit odd that Logan would sign a contract with triggers for extra years in it, that is sometimes what it turns out to mean.

I am always curious when a club uses the phrase 'at least' in a story about a new contract.

Logan McDonald signs 'until at least the end of 2028'. Although it would seem a bit odd that Logan would sign a contract with triggers for extra years in it, that is sometimes what it turns out to mean.
From memory this was how Papley's previous contract was structured.

a 4yr contract which when triggered added another 2yrs

When Logan marked the ball, I was cheering that he had a chance at redemption the very next game. It was almost poetic, until he missed it. Felt bad that he had to go through it again, but I'm glad he backed himself. And as someone mentioned, a dish off would likely have been spoiled and then the media would have questioned his mental fortitude after missing the week prior. So absolutely the right decision by him, and a decent kick as well, it just wasn't to be.

But they're valuable experiences to learn from, and he'll be better for it. And I hope he continues to back himself regardless of the outcome, that'll help him grow as a player.

his first quarter today might not have been perfect, but there was a sense he was determined to physically impose himself, and he marked that way too ...
he'll take so much confidence out of this game
4 marks inside 50 alongside a contested mark just feels like he is primed to take a game by the scruff of the neck and go large

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. Possibly his best game. Powerful. Contested marks. Solid kicking. Up and back work. Very pleasing. All when the game was up for grabs.

and he started in the first quarter of a game following two weeks (including the contract announcement) when he's been under the fiercest scrutiny of his career
as i posted earlier, it seemed he was intent on making an early physical statement, if nothing else ...
probably the most influential player on the field in that first quarter, a very strong, mature response to two pretty intensely challenging weeks for him

and he started in the first quarter of a game following two weeks (including the contract announcement) when he's been under the fiercest scrutiny of his career
as i posted earlier, it seemed he was intent on making an early physical statement, if nothing else ...
probably the most influential player on the field in that first quarter, a very strong, mature response to two pretty intensely challenging weeks for him
Every time he marked or scored I would scream “and you took Will Philips” to any north fans around me.

Really maturing. 8 goals in 3 weeks but it’s about more than that. It’s his presence and his attitude and he never went in to his shell after what could potentially be an upsetting couple of weeks for him.

I hope he continues to back himself completely and it seems like the club is behind him all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every time he marked or scored I would scream “and you took Will Philips” to any north fans around me.
I actually think Will Phillips could become a high-quality AFL player.

Just not at North.

Still to this day can’t believe North passed on the opportunity to select Logan.

It was their Serong moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #6 Logan McDonald

Remove this Banner Ad

Back