Player Watch #7: Liam Baker - Requested trade to WA club

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he isn't quick enough for the game anymore but hey I'm not complaining if they want to offer him that. I know we shouldn't and perhaps this has Matty Clarke written all over it. Might also be a move to try and entice Baker to the Eagles as well.
Yep, he is slow, but I think he looks even slower in our current midfield. If there is a better mix of pace and outside players around him I think he still has something to offer at AFL level. He is a better user of the ball than many give him credit for in here.
I hope he goes to WC and pick 22 would be a bonus, he will just keep a kid out of our team next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he stays he stays. If he goes he goes
Futurama Whatever GIF

i'm hearing quantity and not necessarily quality of early picks this year might be the plan ....

Club is planning to package them up to move into the 1st round or swap for future 1st's i reckon.

Reckon Eagles early second rounder and F2 is becoming more likely for Baker.

He is probably a $500k player in a trade situation, so Eagles(or someone else) might be happy to pay that bit extra to get Graham as a free agent. He gets a bad rap on here, but AFL clubs know how good he is, thus the big offer from the Blues a few years back.
We pay some of Bakers salary so they can afford to over pay Graham. Hehe

Pure speculation at my end, but Barrass to Hawks, pick 12 to WCE, Baker to eagles, pick 12 to us.

West Coast want two first rounders for Barrass. One will make it to us for Baker if they accomplish that.

Hawthorn may give Pick 12 and a F1 to Eagles for later pick and Future Pick. Want to pass on that F1 to us from Hawthorn which would be, you assume, anywhere from 12-18.

You’d take it.

West Coast want two first rounders for Barrass. One will make it to us for Baker if they accomplish that.

Hawthorn may give Pick 12 and a F1 to Eagles for later pick and Future Pick. Want to pass on that F1 to us from Hawthorn which would be, you assume, anywhere from 12-18.

You’d take it.
Hawthorn would be crazy to do that

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #7: Liam Baker - Requested trade to WA club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back