Player Watch Liam Fawcett

Remove this Banner Ad

The Force is now with us. :cool:

View attachment 2079794

Royce Fawcett taking his first grab in Tiger colours.

S Morris suitably impressed...

Liam Fawcett (five disposals, 80% disposal efficiency, two marks, one goal)

“This kid really excites me. He's got a huge tank and has developed a frame this year that he wouldn't have been able to develop had he not been out injured. He looks like a big key forward who will succeed at AFL level in time, and he's just a great kid. It’s really exciting for Tigers fans to see him back out on the field and eager to witness the next steps in his development.”

He looked very big and strong in the passages of play he was involved in. Good news he has a big tank. And a great kid. I suspect we will get to see him a bit at AFL level next year and all going well with his fitness, we might have a future player on our hands here.
Loved his pre draft highlights, think we have a player!
And also impressed with Gray!
May have our Forwards already picked!

Not really, not yet. The hammy seemed fine over pre season and r1 and 2. He should get a full pre season in. Meehan will go, Josh wil be primed for 2025.
This is where it hinges IMO

I'd be more concerned if it was 2 ACL's in a row. Considering one was a major hammy then an ACL still think he should be ok.
I hope you right mate, we need this kid to make it.

Ahh I see Fawcett is in the 'shows initial promise' hype stage of bigfooty fan judgement.

The cycle goes
1. Our saviour / dud delist
2. Ooh this kid shows something, get him in the side
3. How good is he! / He just needs 3-6 consistent games
4. Wait he's not that good / He just needs 5-6 consistent games
5. Whipping boy / He's not being played in the right position

Ahh I see Fawcett is in the 'shows initial promise' hype stage of bigfooty fan judgement.

The cycle goes
Go Away GIF

Youve been here too long.

The cycle goes
At least our fall down the ladder hasn't made you become negative.

Go Away GIF

Youve been here too long.
At least our fall down the ladder hasn't made you become negative.
There's something peaceful about being the lone figure of optimism that stakes our their favourite seat on the empty bandwagon just before it gets moving whilst everyone below complains about having to walk in the mud.

We've had this season completely derailed by injuries, and people are underestimating what this side can do with a healthy team that stays on the park together.

There's something peaceful about being the lone figure of optimism that stakes our their favourite seat on the empty bandwagon just before it gets moving whilst everyone below complains about having to walk in the mud.

We've had this season completely derailed by injuries, and people are underestimating what this side can do with a healthy team that stays on the park together.

If we get fit for 2025, and the team has a coherent coaching group with a workable plan we will surprise a lot of people.

Lot of if's there though.

we will surprise plenty next year , no if's
If we have a squad of fit players. That is the big IF. After that a lot to play out

But yes. If we are fit and the coaching is Ok we should be a totally different team next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The cycle goes
He is in the Shows promise but needs a few VFL bags before even looking at the AFL.

If we get fit for 2025, and the team has a coherent coaching group with a workable plan we will surprise a lot of people.

Lot of if's there though.
If Lynch gets fit for 2025*

If we trade out 4 players and/or Lynch barely plays we will be complete ass.

On topic, hopefully this guy has a good pre-season. He showed some great traits on the weekend albeit they were such small glimpses.

I concur.

Late draft/Rookie May & Davidson, then fwd talls of Lynch. Lefau, Gray, Bauer, Kos, Brown, Fawcett plus a high draft pick 20-30 then we should have enough talent to develop a decent tall fwd line in the next few years.

If Lynch gets fit for 2025*

If we trade out 4 players and/or Lynch barely plays we will be complete ass.

On topic, hopefully this guy has a good pre-season. He showed some great traits on the weekend albeit they were such small glimpses.

If we have another bad injury year. especially if lynch goes down. We are looking at a top 3 pick.

But if we have a good injury list and we can make a new game plan work then we will be fairly solid.

like I said, a lot of if's.

If we have another bad injury year. especially if lynch goes down. We are looking at a top 3 pick.

But if we have a good injury list and we can make a new game plan work then we will be fairly solid.

like I said, a lot of if's.
Depends if we trade. Trade those guys and Lynch doesn't play I can't see it not being pick 1 tbh.

Keep them and Lynch plays 90% we probably closer to 12-13.

Late draft/Rookie May & Davidson, then fwd talls of Lynch. Lefau, Gray, Bauer, Kos, Brown, Fawcett plus a high draft pick 20-30 then we should have enough talent to develop a decent tall fwd line in the next few years.
Still want to add a big 18yo 196cm mobile, competitive, straight kicking, contested marking beast left footer in the draft.

His name is Harry Armstrong.

Depends if we trade. Trade those guys and Lynch doesn't play I can't see it not being pick 1 tbh.

Keep them and Lynch plays 90% we probably closer to 12-13.
If we end 12-13 then that’s a disaster as we would be outside the top 3 or 4 picks in the draft. Sadly we need to bottom out again. This list needs to be completely rebuilt.

Still want to add a big 18yo 196cm mobile, competitive, straight kicking, contested marking beast left footer in the draft.

His name is Harry Armstrong.
At this stage we do not have a pick(other than#1) to get Armstrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Liam Fawcett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back