Player Watch #7: Zane Duursma - out for 2024, undergoing shoulder surgery

Remove this Banner Ad

Zane Duursma - Shoulder
Expected return: Post-Christmas

"Zane underwent surgery last week and is in recovery phase with that arm in a sling.

"He will be in a rehab/modified training program in the pre-Christmas phase where the focus will be on developing his running capacity and progressing his strength and size."

Zane Duursma - Shoulder
Expected return: Post-Christmas

"Zane underwent surgery last week and is in recovery phase with that arm in a sling.

"He will be in a rehab/modified training program in the pre-Christmas phase where the focus will be on developing his running capacity and progressing his strength and size."
Ah, gotta love when their running, strength and size needs a heap of work.

He's in for a big few pre seasons.

Running is an easy one to fix when you have potential, problem is, you can’t be doing hard running with that shoulder. So he better be getting all kinds of cycling lactic fit and just smashing leg press, extensions and curls on repeat

Zane has been busy in the off season 🤣

VIDEO

‘Flying kangaroo’: Extraordinary moment roo jumps backyard fence​

A landscaper has captured the incredible moment a kangaroo leaps about 3m high as it bounds over the fence of a property in Melbourne’s north.
Flying Kangaroo
Nathan Xuebsy captured the moment a kangaroo leapt over a tall fence of a property in Melbourne's north.
See more

A landscaper has captured the extraordinary moment a kangaroo leapt over a fence in the backyard of a property in Melbourne’s north.
Nathan Xuebsy posted the footage to his Instagram page, with the caption “flying kangaroo”.
He had been working in the yard of the home when the roo bounded past.
The roo got some serious airtime. Picture: Instagram/xuebsy

The snap of Brazil’s Gabriel Medina went viral. Picture: Jerome Brouillet

Mr Xuebsy’s father – who is also his boss – initially accused him of lying, before the video proof was swiftly sent on.
“I sent a photo to (my dad) and he said, ‘No, that’s not real. You’re lying. What are you doing slacking off?’,” he said.
“I sent him the video and he was in disbelief.”
The still from the roo video has drawn comparisons to the unbelievable shot of Olympic surfer Gabriel Medina appearing to hover above the water.

Has had a rough debut season, playing a tough position in a poor side and has had injury problems.

Showed glimpses of X-Factor, hopefully another Pre-Season or two and he will hit his strides.

Ah, gotta love when their running, strength and size needs a heap of work.

He's in for a big few pre seasons.
Basically all we draft.

And after four years, they still need to work on running, strength or size.

Get him onto the pre-Brownlow Nate Fyfe program. Make it happen Micky!

Better yet, pay Fyfe more money than he can say no to to come and mentor him.

I would pay current Fyfe close to prime Fyfe money to come and provide live in mentoring to Zane for 2 years.

Such would be the impact of Zane being able to emulate Fyfe even if he didn't hit the same ceiling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better yet, pay Fyfe more money than he can say no to to come and mentor him.

I would pay current Fyfe close to prime Fyfe money to come and provide live in mentoring to Zane for 2 years.

Such would be the impact of Zane being able to emulate Fyfe even if he didn't hit the same ceiling.
Wonder if he is a guy that leads by example or a guy that can share his knowledge by sharing his learnings

Wonder if he is a guy that leads by example or a guy that can share his knowledge by sharing his learnings

I reckon it comes down to does he want to be a coach.

If he does then a 2 year contract with us inside the salary cap is likely going to see him better paid than his remaining contract and a year under a soft cap.

He'd also get a get a couple of years under Clarko which would be a bit of a draw.

I reckon Hill's was best but I'll vote for Zane's.
Some sort of North representation in all 3 grabs is unusual. Yeah Hill's is nuts. Elliot's is pretty special as well. Reckon we got the work experience kid filming at our game so the footage isn't as spectacular either for BGZ's. Still a great grab though, but not the ride of the others. BGZ got time on his side though, shouldn't be the last time he's nominated.

Some sort of North representation in all 3 grabs is unusual. Yeah Hill's is nuts. Elliot's is pretty special as well. Reckon we got the work experience kid filming at our game so the footage isn't as spectacular either for BGZ's. Still a great grab though, but not the ride of the others. BGZ got time on his side though, shouldn't be the last time he's nominated.
Whoever cops the full brunt of the winning speccy should be presented with a stepladder.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Zane has been busy in the off season 🤣

VIDEO

‘Flying kangaroo’: Extraordinary moment roo jumps backyard fence​

A landscaper has captured the incredible moment a kangaroo leaps about 3m high as it bounds over the fence of a property in Melbourne’s north.
Flying Kangaroo
Nathan Xuebsy captured the moment a kangaroo leapt over a tall fence of a property in Melbourne's north.
See more

A landscaper has captured the extraordinary moment a kangaroo leapt over a fence in the backyard of a property in Melbourne’s north.
Nathan Xuebsy posted the footage to his Instagram page, with the caption “flying kangaroo”.
He had been working in the yard of the home when the roo bounded past.

Mr Xuebsy’s father – who is also his boss – initially accused him of lying, before the video proof was swiftly sent on.
“I sent a photo to (my dad) and he said, ‘No, that’s not real. You’re lying. What are you doing slacking off?’,” he said.
“I sent him the video and he was in disbelief.”
The still from the roo video has drawn comparisons to the unbelievable shot of Olympic surfer Gabriel Medina appearing to hover above the water.

That flying kangaroo is symbolic, maybe we get over our troubles this offseason and 2025 is different?

Its hard to split Elliot's and Zane's imo. Equal second I reckon.

Its hard to split Elliot's and Zane's imo. Equal second I reckon.

Genuinely all 3 would be worthy winners, Elliot and Zane will be stiff that Bobby Hill took that grab.

Then you look at the disappointment of finalists they chose for goal of the year…

Am surprised by the lack of hype for Zane, on our board I do mean. Yes he is still adjusting to the rigors of AFL and playing in a dysfunctional fwd line doesn't help.

I see him being an integral part of the side next year. Hopefully part of a revamped fwd line, I noticed in his draft year highlights he kicked a lot of goals from around 40 metres, played closer to goal for us. I remember he played some games for Casey, so went and checked out some comments on a Dees fan site.
for years I'd read after yet another flogging someone pumping up a player (s) who were clearly on AFL list death row.
I'd like to see big Charlie at FF, Larkey CHF, Charlie spelling Xerri in the ruck and putting BGZ to FF when that happens.

Oh boy and the flow on effect is immense, we aren't having to play a minimal impact ruck just ( Teakles) to give Xerri a rest, the game is about ability to cover territory, not **** around with low impact lumbering types.

Watching some finals, I am confident we are on the right track.

1726273656975.png

1726273795229.png

1726273845008.png
1726273908444.png

Am surprised by the lack of hype for Zane, on our board I do mean. Yes he is still adjusting to the rigors of AFL and playing in a dysfunctional fwd line doesn't help.

I see him being an integral part of the side next year. Hopefully part of a revamped fwd line, I noticed in his draft year highlights he kicked a lot of goals from around 40 metres, played closer to goal for us. I remember he played some games for Casey, so went and checked out some comments on a Dees fan site.
for years I'd read after yet another flogging someone pumping up a player (s) who were clearly on AFL list death row.
I'd like to see big Charlie at FF, Larkey CHF, Charlie spelling Xerri in the ruck and putting BGZ to FF when that happens.

Oh boy and the flow on effect is immense, we aren't having to play a minimal impact ruck just ( Teakles) to give Xerri a rest, the game is about ability to cover territory, not **** around with low impact lumbering types.

Watching some finals, I am confident we are on the right track.

View attachment 2110454

View attachment 2110455

View attachment 2110456
View attachment 2110457

Duursma will be special. What we need is a system that gives our forwards opportunities.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #7: Zane Duursma - out for 2024, undergoing shoulder surgery

Remove this Banner Ad

Back