Retired #9: Brendon Goddard - Retires a winner - Thanks for everything BJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is that champ, it was graded as low contact which is the lowest you can get is it not. Injury report has nothing to do with intention.
While you're here champ, what do you reckon? Reportable? Two weeks worth?

I'm going to wait for some better vision before I pass judgment - may there is a knife, or gun involved.
Braveheart_1780229c1.jpg

"they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!"

Explain this to me:

Jordan Lewis: intentional (3pts), body contact (1pt), low impact (1pt) resulting in 5 pts and a level 2 striking offence drawing 125 demerit points.

Brendon Goddard: intentional (3pts), body contact (1pt), low impact (1pt) resulting in 5 pts and a level 2 rough conduct offence drawing 225 demerit points.

Both incidents similar in nature but they give Goddard an extra 100 demerit points...and Lewis has been suspended twice in the last 2 years but gets no loading? Meanwhile Goddard has no existing good or bad record? How can that be given he's been playing for more than 5 years?

The fact that it has been graded with any sort of contact is sacrilege to our game.

I don't argue that point. I simply doubt the injury report has done him in, if thats what was being alleged by the post I replied to.
Injury reports are (as far as I know) pretty standard practice these days ... clubs come out and say - no impact, he didnt go off and played on. Unless you are Brad Hill from Hawthorn, in which case you drop to the ground, do three sumersaults and then hobble off the ground.
The key reason he got done over is the intentional category. I expect its because it was when play had stopped ?

I was expecting that the MRP had more vision that we didn't have access to. Noooope

I don't argue that point. I simply doubt the injury report has done him in, if thats what was being alleged by the post I replied to.
Injury reports are (as far as I know) pretty standard practice these days ... clubs come out and say - no impact, he didnt go off and played on. Unless you are Brad Hill from Hawthorn, in which case you drop to the ground, do three sumersaults and then hobble off the ground.
The key reason he got done over is the intentional category. I expect its because it was when play had stopped ?
It wouldn't matter if he ran one end of the ground to another to deliver that, the force applied can be definitively categorised as insufficient. If they start grading that as low contact you may as well remove the tackle from the game.

I hadn't seen the charge until now, but wow that is ******. The club better ball the **** up and challenge because that is pathetic.
If we do challenge, how will we win? There does not seem to be any video evidence to support Goddard. It was off play and that is the only thing you can confirm from the footage. All the other evidence must be from umpires/match report.

It is absolute horse shit.

Explain this to me:

Jordan Lewis: intentional (3pts), body contact (1pt), low impact (1pt) resulting in 5 pts and a level 2 striking offence drawing 125 demerit points.

Brendon Goddard: intentional (3pts), body contact (1pt), low impact (1pt) resulting in 5 pts and a level 2 rough conduct offence drawing 225 demerit points.

Both incidents similar in nature but they give Goddard an extra 100 demerit points...and Lewis has been suspended twice in the last 2 years but gets no loading? Meanwhile Goddard has no existing good or bad record? How can that be given he's been playing for more than 5 years?
Lewis' was a striking charge whilst BJ's was rough conduct.

Still ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wouldn't matter if he ran one end of the ground to another to deliver that, the force applied can be definitively categorised as insufficient. If they start grading that as low contact you may as well remove the tackle from the game.

I cant disagree, I also cannot see anything in an injury report is going to make that difference - if the MRP decides to put you up, then I expect they use the low impact...

I was absolutely bemused last year when Kane himself copped games for what ultimately amounted to him pushing Sam Mitchell in the back off the play (look it up if you like). I was at that game, and the exact same thing happened to Kane at least three times - off the play, twice by Jordan Lewis about 50m off the play. I still don't get how they pluck these things. IF anything out of the game I figured Chapman on Gray and then Grays retaliation would have copped attention.

If we do challenge, how will we win? There does not seem to be any video evidence to support Goddard. It was off play and that is the only thing you can confirm from the footage. All the other evidence must be from umpires/match report.

It is absolute horse shit.

Insufficient force. Cornes didn't even go to the bench.

Lewis' was a striking charge whilst BJ's was rough conduct.

Still ridiculous.

Realise that but the actions were similar so why the different categorisation. It's not the first time either - EFC players tend to get rough conduct ahead of striking regularly. Surely a striking action is equal or worse than a rough conduct (bump) in any case?

Footage from the other end looks a little worse.

Still soft though.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-07-07/goddard-offered-one-match-ban

Goddard offered one match ban
July 7, 2014 3:01 PM

BTV: Round 16, 2014 - Brendon Goddard reported Brendon Goddard has been cited by the Match Review Panel for this incident during the win against Port Adelaide.

Essendon midfielder Brendon Goddard can accept a one-match ban from the match review panel for rough conduct against Port Adelaide midfielder Kane Cornes.

The match review panel assessed the incident intentional conduct (three points), low impact (one point) and body contact (one point).

This is a total of five activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level Two Offence, drawing 225 demerit points and a two-match sanction. He has no existing good or bad record. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to 168.75 points and a one-match sanction.

Forward Paul Chapman has been cleared of striking Port Adelaide’s Robbie Gray.

After speaking to the umpire that laid the match-day report, receiving a medical report from the Port Adelaide Football Club and reviewing all available footage, it was determined the force used in the contact was below that required to constitute a reportable offence.

that makes it look better, shows clearly that he's just decked him, nothing more than that, no elbow or shoulder, hasn't got him high, Cornes just gets up and keeps going for a reason.

Free kick given should be the end of it

that makes it look better, shows clearly that he's just decked him, nothing more than that, no elbow or shoulder, hasn't got him high, Cornes just gets up and keeps going for a reason.

Free kick given should be the end of it
Kosi like awareness from Kane

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired #9: Brendon Goddard - Retires a winner - Thanks for everything BJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back