Retired #9: Brendon Goddard - Retires a winner - Thanks for everything BJ

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest he should get a week for it.

Goal kicked, Cornes not looking, entitled to expect no contact and he smashed him.

Sorry BJ but you'd better have a rest this week.
my god, the world has gone mad.

If you think he deserves a week for that then I don't know wtf to say. Worse every week gets nothing

i still think we should challenge because from what I understand this year you can use prior incidents as evidence and surely we can find a worse incident than that that got no action and use it as evidence.

Cornes looked away at an inappropriate time. Just before Goddard went for him he was looking towards Goddard, then looks away and down he goes. I dont care what anyone says about force and being a stupid act and what not - this report is a ******* disgrace to football. This shit happens at the opening bounce, a free is paid and on with life.

There's a pretty big difference between the start of the game and the ball being in play and when a goal has been kicked and everyone is, theoretically, moving back into position.

He's still a bit unlucky, but, and I'm testing my memory of the MRP booklet and could be wrong, the fact that Cornes should expect absolutely no contact (because the play is dead) has hurt Goddard. The force used by Goddard is way way excessive for the situation

Seriously what is the ****ing point any more. How the **** was that sufficient force to warrant a suspension?

The AFL can go a get ****ED.

There's a pretty big difference between the start of the game and the ball being in play and when a goal has been kicked and everyone is, theoretically, moving back into position.

He's still a bit unlucky, but, and I'm testing my memory of the MRP booklet and could be wrong, the fact that Cornes should expect absolutely no contact (because the play is dead) has hurt Goddard. The force used by Goddard is way way excessive for the situation
i am talking about when they are moving into position prior to the opening bounce. Plenty of players have been bumped over and been awarded free kicks when the siren starts, but i have never seen one of them reported for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How the **** can you have no bad record but no good record? I would have though not having a bad record would be a good record? :confused:
Bad record is suspended in last two years, good record is not suspended in last 6....so if suspended 4 years ago (as Goddard was for umpire contact of all things) then you fall in between and have neither.

Was also confused by this so looked it up earlier.

but it's not a strike

dont really see how it can get overturned. dont really see how it was enough impact.

For the first time you have contradicted yourself - If you think ( rightly ) there was insufficient force, than the club will have to consider challenging the report.

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired #9: Brendon Goddard - Retires a winner - Thanks for everything BJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back