Senior 9. Patrick Cripps

Remove this Banner Ad

what a player so pleased & proud he plays for us. 200 games, busts an absolute gut for the jumper
Love him & I so want him to hold up the premiership cup he deserves it
(Us too)

What a man, what a player and what a captain! So tough and courageous, leaves absolutely nothing on the field every week, leads by example and is easily one of the best players I've ever seen wear the navy blue. I love that over his career he's taken time over the pre season to improve different areas of his game.

I'd give just about anything to see him raise the cup, he definitely deserves it.

Congratulations to Cripps on his 200th game. What a champion. I have to say that when Carlton first drafted him, I didn't know what to expect. But he is definitely among the greatest to ever wear the navy blue. We are blessed to have him.
The word "champion" sits very comfortably when describing him as a player........but I remember a time I think roughly 6 years ago that some people on this forum wanted to trade him out because he was struggling a fair bit with his form, mostly caused by the fact that he was playing injured and was having to do so much to make up for our average team back then.....lucky those people were not on the match committee!!! :eek:

I could talk about Patrick Cripps for days. He has been with us through some of the worst years in club history both on and off the field. Countless times he put this team on his back during those dark years often withstanding significant injuries to do so. He rejected massive offers elsewhere to remain loyal to the club that drafted him and has given everything to achieve success at Carlton.

There isn't a player in the AFL right now that deserves success more than this guy - it's truly a privilege to watch what he does week in and week out. This goes against everything I genuinely believe about a team game but this week NEEDS to be about Patrick Cripps. All 23 players that go out there on Saturday need to treat this game like a Grand Final and give absolutely everything they have to get this guy a win. That is the only way to honour a player like him in his 200th.

Thanks for everything Patty - looking forward to the many years to come with you at the helm :blueheart:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit random but I saw footage of Aussie tennis player Alexei Popyrin today... I thought 'he's a ******* giant. Best guess 197cm'.

Looked him up and he's 196cm.

Patty is a mere 1cm shorter and prob has 20kg of muscle on Alexei.

Even after more than a decade I can't believe how big he is. To play midfield at his size is insane.

Seems to be getting better and better too. Adding more layers and tricks to his game.

Absolute superstar. Looking forward to the next 100 game!

Still think that if he wins a premiership will be the greatest Carlton player ever.

A lot of people may disagree as there have been greats in the 70’s,80’s and 90’s but to be captain through hardships and come out the other end with not only personal accolades but team success tells you about his character.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It will be travesty and “megalo tropi” if the other 22 players don’t bring their “A” game and 100% effort to the game this Saturday.

Patrick Cripps’ head: “Stuff my 200th. “It will be a travesty if the boys don’t bring their “A” game on Saturday regardless of my milestone.”

Best leader in the competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back