90s Music - Nostalgia

Remove this Banner Ad

Beautiful song, reminds me of Portishead or something... definitely 90s but has something pretty timeless to it.

At the same time I'm not sure how 'pop' most of these bands are? Oasis were probably like a Coldplay except in cooler clothes, with actual personalities, and songs that made you cringe but sound good pissed. But Teenage Fanclub... how big was Sparky's Dream? More an alternative hit but even then was it as big as something like Banquet by Bloc Party?

I guess if you hand selected a heap of 2010s songs that were sorta cross-over indie tracks or the best songs from bonafide big acts. I mean you'd chuck in say Drake's Passionfruit, Hold On We're Going Home, Marvin's Room, Over My Dead Body... but then if you chucked in his trash you'd see a different side. I mean I like that Sticky Fingers song Australia Street and that crossed over but ultimately they're a bunch of skinny feral pissheads pretending not to be private schooled who make utter garbage. This isn't actual top 10 or top 20 music nor is it consistent hits.

Mazzy Star is nothing like Portisehead, i mean i adore both but they are so so so so so different.

Portisehead are intense af and Mazzy Star make heroin music.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

potentially early naughties but you all deserve to know this song.

ok, so this is late 80s but Pop Art kicks the shit out of their 90s albums.

Probably the best 90s techno/dance/trance song - it stands the test of time too

Personally this performance of this song is their musical peak for mine. All time!

I reckon Nirvana unplugged is the only physical CD I purchased twice after I lost my first copy when moving.

Remove this Banner Ad

90s Music - Nostalgia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back