A cheer for Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

BTW well played most of the season for the Pies. A bit like 08 in a runners up respect but i do believe Cats' 11 season was a bit more comprehensive and less Bradbury like than the Hawks 08 season

I thought Nick Maxwell's comment was fantastic, especially in light of the battles we've had against each other over the last few years, and the nature of the game on Saturday.

One of the things that made this year so satisfying, is that we had to beat a very very good football side to do it, and one of the things i've enjoyed about this rivalry is that we are two teams that have pushed each other to improve through our contests.

I think it's a mark of the mutual respect these clubs have when the vanquished captain says - you got us this time, but we are going to everything to beat you next time. There wouldn't really be a next time unless we are both up and firing.

Like the end of 2009-10, they know they have to find a way to get through us if they want to win the thing, so I expect next years contests to again be crackers.

This.

Collingwood will fight back and we will join the fight again to play off.
Hawks, Wet toasters and the blues are all improving fast.

We have to get better at what we do.

Again !!

Agreed!!

I think, unless Buckley has a Scotty-like influence which I doubt, Collingwood will come back to the pack next year.

And so may we with a few of the older brigade retiring.

Its going to be a cracker of a season and I wouldnt be putting money on any team for favourites as some are.
Westcoast will be a force, Carlton are a good full forward away from being a force, Hawthorn need a new gameplan but have the cattle to be a force, not to mention teams like Richmond, Essendon, Melbourne, Adelaide and Kangaroos who have a great crop of youngsters.
Saints will probably slide, and Gold Coast wont finish near the bottom of the ladder.
Then there is Freo, but hopefully they sink with Ross Lyons shit boring stoppage football.

I would be very suprised if next season there are two teams that are so far ahead of the comp like the cats and pies were this season.
But then, I could be wrong!!

I thought Nick Maxwell's comment was fantastic, especially in light of the battles we've had against each other over the last few years, and the nature of the game on Saturday.
One of the things that made this year so satisfying, is that we had to beat a very very good football side to do it, and one of the things i've enjoyed about this rivalry is that we are two teams that have pushed each other to improve through our contests.
I think it's a mark of the mutual respect these clubs have when the vanquished captain says - you got us this time, but we are going to everything to beat you next time. There wouldn't really be a next time unless we are both up and firing.
Like the end of 2009-10, they know they have to find a way to get through us if they want to win the thing, so I expect next years contests to again be crackers.
This!! :thumbsu:
but in all seriousness, the pies were great all year, but we were primed for september, right down to the very last quarter
...and THIS!
:thumbsu:

Strangely I feel more positive toward Geelong since the GF than I did before.

It helps to know the better team won. Both teams had a crack and Geelong proved the two previous results were not an exception.

Pleased to see Podsiadly get a Premiership - great story.

But you've hade enough sucess now!

Congratulations.

I have full respect for Collingwood. Unlike many, I'm not a Collingwood hater - I think there's a lot to admire about them as a club. Thanks for the great game, I have no doubt you'll be up there for contention again next year.

Great win Cats and credit to Geelong coaches for management of an 'older' list all year to have them in great form at the right time - also for introducing younger players to the side as well.

I only hope that Collingwood can learn from Geelong and their disapointment of 2008 and remain competitive for the next few years and like you guys hopefully get another one

Best team for the year won - correct result and enjoy

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great win Cats and credit to Geelong coaches for management of an 'older' list all year to have them in great form at the right time - also for introducing younger players to the side as well.

I only hope that Collingwood can learn from Geelong and their disapointment of 2008 and remain competitive for the next few years and like you guys hopefully get another one

Best team for the year won - correct result and enjoy

Cheers

Thanks Jimmy.....you'll be thereabouts next year, but work to be done now that Mick's gone.

Bucks will have to tweak things I think...if he does so successfuly, the Pies will be a threat again.

Winners are grinners and losers can please themselves.

I concur.

There have been some genuinely gracious mapgie fans since Saturday which has been well received but let's not forget those that ridiculed our club, our list and our players; told us we were geriatrics, no chance, kept reiterating last years prelim and that a magpies back 2 back was a foregone conclusion. There was some hard back pedaling going on when September came round and the wheels of the "machine" started falling off - all of a sudden we're favorites, they're stuffed - all to save face because the fear was so strong. It doesnt work like that. Put your money where your mouth has been all year and man up I say. The 180 was so swift I thought I had inertia for a moment. I knew we had them after Round 8 but felt uncomfortable saying it...

Winners are grinners :)

Respect for the team? sure, why not.

The fans? They can eat shit, I was told out of the blue to never come back to my local newsagent by the guy behind the counter for buying the Geelong premiership book this week. I made a point of going back the next day and buying the HS with the free poster :cool:

Collingwood and their fans can go eat a dick.

Their club contains the biggest mass of arrogant w***er I have ever seen, from the players and coaches down to the bogan supporters.

Why should we give them any kind of applause? I don't think I've seen an outpouring of vile, obnoxious gloating as I did after they beat us in the prelim and then went on to win the flag last year. Most of them were the first to jump down our throats about how we were a sinking ship of washed up stars - too old, too slow, no Bomber, no Ablett was thrown at us time and time again.

So glad to have beaten them. Would only derive more satisfaction from beating Hawthorn in a GF. It truly felt like we were the good conquering the evil.

Hopefully I don't have to experience the petulant, ignorant drawl of a toothless Pies bandwagoner for at least another 20 years.

Collingwood and their fans can go eat a dick.

Their club contains the biggest mass of arrogant w***er I have ever seen, from the players and coaches down to the bogan supporters.

Why should we give them any kind of applause? I don't think I've seen an outpouring of vile, obnoxious gloating as I did after they beat us in the prelim and then went on to win the flag last year. Most of them were the first to jump down our throats about how we were a sinking ship of washed up stars - too old, too slow, no Bomber, no Ablett was thrown at us time and time again.

So glad to have beaten them. Would only derive more satisfaction from beating Hawthorn in a GF. It truly felt like we were the good conquering the evil.

Hopefully I never have to experience the petulant, ignorant drawl of a toothless Pies bandwagoner for at least another 20 years.

Good form. See my post above

One of my best friends is a Collingwood supporeter his text just after the siren was- congrats we were outcoached and outplayed.
For the rest HA HA HA. They were so horrible when we lost to them in the 2010 Prelim,that I can't stand them. Great to watch them leaving the ground last week before the end.
Funny how the 2010 prelim keeps being mentioned as a destruction and similiar words when it was only about a goal more than this years win in the GF ,and the previous years prelim actual smashing is never mentioned.
Not interested in them , go away, back to your own board

One of my best friends is a Collingwood supporeter his text just after the siren was- congrats we were outcoached and outplayed.
For the rest HA HA HA. They were so horrible when we lost to them in the 2010 Prelim,that I can't stand them. Great to watch them leaving the ground last week before the end.
Funny how the 2010 prelim keeps being mentioned as a destruction and similiar words when it was only about a goal more than this years win in the GF ,and the previous years prelim actual smashing is never mentioned.
Not interested in them , go away, back to your own board

To be fair and absolutely truthful to ourselves, that margin doesn't do the game justice. The way the game was played, the margin should have and was a lot higher earlier on. They took their foot off the pedal and rested their stars in the second half.

Still, you're right that the 2009 prelim doesn't get much mention, as we did to them in the second half of that game what they did to us in the first half of the 2010 prelim.

Respect for the team? sure, why not.

The fans? They can eat shit, I was told out of the blue to never come back to my local newsagent by the guy behind the counter for buying the Geelong premiership book this week. I made a point of going back the next day and buying the HS with the free poster :cool:

So the newsagent would rather lose sales?:confused:

Interesting...

Remove this Banner Ad

A cheer for Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back