A decision has to be made.

Remove this Banner Ad

I know many on this forum has spent years of dedication, money and passion for the club. Respect!

This is purely my opinion and it doesn't mean to disagree with some posters here - I don't have concern about the direction of the GWS off the field.

Yes, it sucks about the Easter show. Yes, AFL draw isn't conducive. But the club can't realistically alter this. We can argue till the full time, but it is what it is.

AFL has a bigger issue to deal with its draw, equalisation for WA clubs. An issue that AFL has acknowledged. I don't think it will priotise GWS over WA clubs on this matter.

My final point is about how to measure success of the club offfield. What is your expectation/dream of GWS in terms of supporters/members /brand in Western Sydney? Can GWS surpass Parra or Penrith in terms of support? I doubt this. Can GWS be considered a success offfield if good finance and small but steady growth in memberships every year?

I would be over the moon if GWS can become Melbourne Storm of the Western Sydney! A boutique club with a mix of dedicated supporters and casuals enjoying sustained success onfield.

The giants are already ahead of storm at an equivalent time, without the news corp media pumping them up like they did the storm and in fact they try to suppress any giants growth.

People need to not buy into the lack of knowledge in the Melbourne media about Sydney and the hit job the Sydney media are going to be doing on the giants, because they don't want a swans 2.0. This was clearly evident in the past few weeks pre grand final.

Stick tough, ride it out, the clubs membership, attendances and social media followers are up this year and tracking nicely, the new approach from the afl with Dillon in charge is so much better than when gillion was leader, we are already seeing that year one, let alone in a few years time.

Canberra will become team 20 so that deal will end, which will align perfectly to when the giants have built enough of a core to stand on their own in Sydney. Funnily enough it also aligns with when the transport to Olympic park will be finished, which will also see a boost in crowds.

Colonial I'm disappointed if you have bought into the agenda and are jumping off, as that's the exact purpose of their agenda. Look at the actual data and you'll see some positives this year for the clubs growth, that have them tracking the best that have since covid hit.

This damn club and site.

First, there is no “jumping off” or ditching the club.
I stand by what I said and believe it 100%. Even if I decide to can the membership I will always support the club. So no, not jumping off.

Second, being frustrated with an agenda, and there is one by both the NSW “sports” media and the VFL media, as well as the half assed efforts of the club board/AFL does not mean I’m buying into the media agenda.

Third, have been convinced by the better half to keep fighting the fight online, for some reason she enjoys me pissed off at online rubbish. She is a weirdo.

Be prepared for me to be even more vocal & irrational about Part time Sydney.

Last edited:
This damn club and site.

First, there is no “jumping off” or ditching the club.
I stand by what I said and believe it 100%. Even if I decide to can the membership I will always support the club. So no, not jumping off.

Second, being frustrated with an agenda, and there is one by both the NSW “sports” media and the VFL media, as well as the half assed efforts of the club board/AFL does not mean I’m buying into the media agenda.

Third, have been convinced by the better half to keep fighting the fight online, for some reason she enjoys me pissed off at online rubbish. She is a weirdo.

Be prepared for me to be even more vocal & irrational about Part time Sydney.
Sook

Remove this Banner Ad

A decision has to be made.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back