Remove this Banner Ad

Derek Z

Rookie
Sep 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Aquinas
I know there's one week left, but thought I'd get in early and post an A Grade team of the year and see what everyone thinks-

B: M Bortolotto Luke North G McIntyre

HB: M.Graham B.Corin J.Beaumont

C: Chatfield Dobson Q.Gleeson

HF: Rayson Seccull Lowcock

FF: M.Paterson Handley Cultrera

R: Jenke Hopwood Arnold

Int: A.Bowen P.Corrigan Thompson (OI) D.Butler

Stiff to miss out- Scanlon Shields Madden S.Johnston

Ackowledge that Round 18 & finals performances will have an impact........

In terms of my bias, I play for Marcellin (probably why I've got time to think of a team of the year!), but reckon Bortolotto has been great down back and he even kicked 7 against De la when shifted forward, while Dobbo has still managed to average almost 30 a game despite a heavy tag each week.

Thoughts????

Krusty said:
No room for Peter Harrison or David Spithill from De La Salle?

I'd look at Duggan and Shields from De La first. P Harrison has been down a bit this year and Spithill, whilst he's had a great year, is competing against some stiff A grade competition for the ruck position. Shields has been outstanding all year, look out next year when the Mosquito Fleet get Robbie Bonnici back.

Krusty said:
No room for Peter Harrison or David Spithill from De La Salle?

Nope, Harrison has had a good year, but not team of the year material, while Spithall would be behind Ramsden and Sangster at least...... and if Brett Cook had played all year he probably would have displaced Jenke to get first ruck

Its an indictment on the competitition if a 40yr old is the best CHF in the competition.

Hawkins from OMs has had a very good year - in a better team he'd be a shoe in for CHF team of the year

Interesting not one person has put forward a OS player. Surely a side that has not been out of the top four all season and has spent more time on top than any other side could at least squeeze one player in?

Peter Pianto said:
Interesting not one person has put forward a OS player. Surely a side that has not been out of the top four all season and has spent more time on top than any other side could at least squeeze one player in?

They are a pretty even team over the ground with a few stand outs, Gurtsman, Pugsley and Tallent.
There are only 22 spots but I would think you could fit Maddon in, Derak Z.

fish1 said:
They are a pretty even team over the ground with a few stand outs, Gurtsman, Pugsley and Tallent.
There are only 22 spots but I would think you could fit Maddon in, Derak Z.

Scanlan is like Madden, only better. Absolutely towelled him when they played on each other.

Max Leader said:
Dodson Out
Thompson (OI) into the middle
Lochran into the 22 onto the pine

Scotch must be a team of hacks:D :D
Dobson out?? are you kidding, in a losing side he has had an awesome year! Very consistent and will more than likely take out another b/f for Marcellin. He definetly deserves to be in ther!

Jarred Carlson is another one that is stiff to miss out

Santalucia has been the best rebounder from D-50 in the comp from what i've seen this year!! should be on a HBF in that side.. Couldn't leave out S.Johnston or Madden either.. Coach of the year any thoughts!!???
A fella that is known as the onion is a possible candidate for mine!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Derek Z said:
I know there's one week left, but thought I'd get in early and post an A Grade team of the year and see what everyone thinks-

B: M Bortolotto Luke North G McIntyre

HB: M.Graham B.Corin J.Beaumont

C: Chatfield Dobson Q.Gleeson

HF: Rayson Seccull Lowcock

FF: M.Paterson Handley Cultrera

R: Jenke Hopwood Arnold

Int: A.Bowen P.Corrigan Thompson (OI) D.Butler

Stiff to miss out- Scanlon Shields Madden S.Johnston

Ackowledge that Round 18 & finals performances will have an impact........

In terms of my bias, I play for Marcellin (probably why I've got time to think of a team of the year!), but reckon Bortolotto has been great down back and he even kicked 7 against De la when shifted forward, while Dobbo has still managed to average almost 30 a game despite a heavy tag each week.

Thoughts????

Firstly how did Brett Cook perform after his shock exit from Kyneton? And if he had have played some more footy, would he have been far away from making this side?

Cook went ok but is certainly not in the mix when you talk about the team of the year. Even if he played all year, at this stage in his career he holds his own in the ruck but is not great and he is a very slow forward pocket tall.

Cooky had 63 hit outs when we played scotch....only got beaten in the ruck once (llast game against OH) for all the games he played...great player and great bloke...

MurphysLaw said:
Cooky had 63 hit outs when we played scotch....only got beaten in the ruck once (llast game against OH) for all the games he played...great player and great bloke...

Who on earth was bored or stupid enough to count hit-outs?

Plumber said:
Who on earth was bored or stupid enough to count hit-outs?

I'm sure Mr B. Richardson is worried about hit outs. Jenke and co destroyed Xavs in the ruck, enabling them to win first ball out of the middle 80% plus of the time. That was the major difference in the game. Could M.Blood be coaxed out of retirement?? Only joking. But it was the major difference. Hail were just far too tall for Xavs!

Madden is in the top 3 players in the comp if not the best .. and about 5 classes above Scanlan ... he was injured v Xavs which is the only way Scanlan would ever get near him ..

accurate1 said:
Madden is in the top 3 players in the comp if not the best .. and about 5 classes above Scanlan ... he was injured v Xavs which is the only way Scanlan would ever get near him ..

im not from around the area, what is Madden's first name?

Remove this Banner Ad

A Grade Team of the Year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back