Portfolio A-League Expansion

Remove this Banner Ad

wellington phoenix shouldnt play in the A legue either becuase theyre from new zealand?
I have no idea why that happened or how they decided it. But I'd have to include them in my portfolio due to them taking up a team in the real comp.

Because New Zealand had a team in the old NSL (Football Kingz FC I think) they were given a team in the new A-League (New Zealand Knights). That team went to shit so they brought in Wellington. The previous teams were based in Auckland I'm pretty sure

I have no idea why that happened or how they decided it. But I'd have to include them in my portfolio due to them taking up a team in the real comp.
You know it!

ERNIE MERRICK'S YELLOW ARMY! ERNIE MERRICK'S YELLOW ARMY! ERNIE MERRICK'S YELLOW ARMY!
etc.

sure, but the nba has teams from canada, and so does the mls, im just saying it would be more feisable to have one or two intl teams, would help grow the a league

You know it!

ERNIE MERRICK'S YELLOW ARMY! ERNIE MERRICK'S YELLOW ARMY! ERNIE MERRICK'S YELLOW ARMY!
etc.

Brisbane Roar v Wellington in Cairns December 12th???

Me there........you jealous.

sure, but the nba has teams from canada, and so does the mls, im just saying it would be more feisable to have one or two intl teams, would help grow the a league

Very hard when FIFA doesn't allow any clubs outside of the competition's country.... unless the club is in a competition that is of a smaller size or the club's country doesn't have First Tier League. i.e. Phoenix NZ -league is lower than our state leagues. Toronto Canada - league isn't truly national. Cardiff etc. Wales - national league is two steps from First Division England. Various others out there.

Look how close Canada is to the USA. Same with Australia and NZ. Putting a team in Asia is difficult. The NBL tried to replicate what you're trying to say but it ended up in a failure. The defunct Singapore Slingers had to travel on a 14 hour round-trip flight to Australia. Surely they don't want to make the same mistake again do they?

Take it outside please.

Look how close Canada is to the USA. Same with Australia and NZ. Putting a team in Asia is difficult. The NBL tried to replicate what you're trying to say but it ended up in a failure. The defunct Singapore Slingers had to travel on a 14 hour round-trip flight to Australia. Surely they don't want to make the same mistake again do they?

Take it outside please.

Never, viva la Wellos.

Is that all you got from my post? :(

Perth Glory
Home

1ArMxMe.gif

Away
Similar to the current kit but I removed the pinstripes.
JtoVZQN.gif

No, because I'll be at the Adelaide games.
/convo
Perth Glory
Home

1ArMxMe.gif

Away
Similar to the current kit but I removed the pinstripes.
JtoVZQN.gif
You could be a BIT more experimental with this, couldn't you? Looks great and all, but.. you could do more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why? He's basically just creating the A-League kits he believes should be used, and they've all been perfect and realistic.
Portfolios can be used to experiment a bit as well
I could but everything I tried turned out worse.
Alright, fair enough. They're all looking good, though. :thumbsu:

Wellington Phoenix
Home

Added stripes to the back. Looked odd without them.
gB3olXr.gif

Away

Throwback to the old Reebok away kit they had. Much more stylish and clean than that current bra top that they have now. Not sure why they didn't adopt it full time.
mWrA6mb.gif

Not bad.

I always thought AU should go something like Man Utd, like white shorts with a red shirt and black socks, then black shorts, red socks and white top for the away.
That'd be a great look for them. Very similar to the Wanderers though, that'd be the only hesitation. Better yet, drop the black and use the navy, one of their colours

Newcastle Jets
Home

Inspired by the 2013/14 season home kit.
pxRp9CX.gif

Away

The kit is based on Newcastle’s official colours which were also worn by Newcastle KB United as the first Newcastle team to compete in the National Soccer League back in 1978. Also worn in the 2013/14 season.
OtdQP9l.gif

Third
To be used against Canberra United. All of the Jets main colours included.
yCXcfsn.gif

Sydney FC
I did this set before the kit unveiling. Just didn't have time to post it. Anyway were back on the road to expansion.
Home
I wanted something simplistic and it looks out I picked out their current kit. It is based on their Puma Pitch teamwear kit.
3xkUkId.gif

Away

A white kit seems more suitable and screams out Sydney FC rather than a black one. Also is light which prevents a clash unlike the current one.
UwVsXKy.gif

Love Canberra. It is a bit weird how they have a W-League and NYC teams but no A-League side.

A mix of timid efforts during expansion and complacent hope that the Mariners would move there when their presence in Gosford inevitably goes under.

Also great efforts Klim! Looking forward to the WSW & Wellington away kits. Their white ones they currently have are woeful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Portfolio A-League Expansion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back