A-League Round 9: Sydney FC v Melbourne Victory

Remove this Banner Ad

This is Melbourne's first big test away from home, so it'll be interesting to see how they do. It's never easy to win in Sydney. Coupled with their first loss of the season I can see Sydney getting up.

ErnieSigley said:
My understanding is that Carbone has done his hammy and might of played his last game at the club.

What? A guest player for SFC provides nothing but a few t shirt sales? **** YOU *****.

I agree with DB10 - this is our first away game against a serious title contender, so we're entering new ground. However if Carbone is out, coupled with their other injuries, they really shouldn't beat us. I can see this ending in a draw though, as Sydney are still hard to beat at the SFS, despite their crap form.

If Carbone is injured it will be difficult for Sydney's fairly impotent attack to get past Victory's defence. I expect Sydney to dominate posession but come away with a 0-0 draw.

should be a great game... It will be good to get Leijer back after suspension, hopefully we can snatch the points. Caceres was quiet against Adelaide, will he keep his place or will he make way for Alessandro?

On form, and taking into account injuries, Melbourne should flog us (sydney). We are playing awful, and if Butcher puts in Zdrillic up front, and keeps fyfe on the park, I wouldn't be surprised if Melb won 5 or 6 -0. I'd like to be wrong though. We just don't have the firepower to score goals, or stop em.

The weather forecast is for rain, but saying that, the word is out that more than 20K has already been sold for the game, and catA tix are apparently sold out. The capacity is reduced due to some seating refurbishments, and given that the rugger bugger members often don't show up, the real 'sellable" capacity is closer to 34-36K (since you can't sell members spots). This will be a big big crowd, and a big atmosphere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SQUADS

SYDNEY:
Bolton, Fyfe, Ceccoli, Rudan, Talay, Zadkovich, Zdrilic, Corica, Petrovski, Brosque, McFlynn, Milligan, Pasfield, Topor-Stanley, Bingley

IN: Milligan
OUT: Carbone (Hamstring/Contract Expired)

MELBOURNE: Theoklitos, Muscat, Piorkowski, Pantelidis, Fred, Allsopp, Thompson, Vargas, Sarkies, Caceres, Leijer, Storey, Brebner, Alessandro, Claudinho, Galekovic

IN: Leijer
OUT: Byrnes (Omitted)

What a cracker game,

Can anyone up there tell me if this game is getting much room/air time in the mdeia?

surely it will be a sell out or is it only Melb that can get crowds to sporting events.

Would be happy enough coming away with a point....but reckon we could roll then 2-0.

Surely a sell out...unless they only go to games when 'marquee' players are involved.

FrangaRoo said:
Would be happy enough coming away with a point....but reckon we could roll then 2-0.

Surely a sell out...unless they only go to games when 'marquee' players are involved.

TBO, i'd be dissappionted if we only came away with a point. Yes sydney are a quality side but they are struggling and have just lost the main target in carbone, whilst the victory have, apart from last week were in was a game that could go either way, been is superb form.

I would settle for 2-0 result however.

FrangaRoo said:

Good test of the Sydney publics faith.

No chance of a sell out. 25,000 should be definate and push for 30. The thing is half (about 12,000 anyway) of the ground are SCG trust members who have no interest in football and their tickets can't be sold.

HT Sydney:1 - Victory: 0

Shyte first half from the Vics. They'll need a world of improvement in the 2nd half if they are to get this one back.

Crowd looks a bit dissapointing too.

FT Victory:2 - Sydney: 1

Got the improvement I was asking for alright! :D
Great comeback by the Victory. So good to see them shut that Sydney crowd right up!

Remove this Banner Ad

A-League Round 9: Sydney FC v Melbourne Victory

Remove this Banner Ad

Back