2024/25 Melbourne Victory Thread - Brace Yourself.. The Kisnorbo Era Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Reports that Nikos Vergos will sign with Victory from Atromitos Athens. He's a striker. Would be our first visa signing of the off-season.

Interesting. So our lineup this season could be:

-----------------Langerak-----------------

Atkinson------Geria------Miranda-------Bos

---Piscopo--------Teaguey-------Zizou

--Arzani-------Bruno-----Vergos

Depth

Duncan
Rawlins
Adama
Hamill (also can fill in at CM)
Valadon
Monge
Reec
Nish
Folami

Can Rawlins play at CB? We're looking light at CB. I see Hammill as more of a utility player, much in the same mould as Chappy. Surprised we didn't hang on to Chappy who IMO was a handy squad player. I believe we should be signing a quality Aussie CB instead of Atkinson although it does seem that Atkinson is looking like he is joining.

Vergos confirmed. Bit of a journeyman. But so was Zizou.

MV socials with the highlights

A guy at work follows the Greek league says he's pretty good scored heaps of goals, He reckons if he comes here serious rather than thinking its a holiday he'll be one of the leagues top scores.

MV socials with the highlights

Guy at work follows the Greek league says he's pretty good scored heaps of goals, He reckons if he comes here serious rather than a thinking its a holiday he'll be one of the leagues top scores.

Reckon our front 3 will be either

Arzani / Bruno / Vergos

Or

Arzani / Reec / Vergos.

Bruno cant play every game and may be more effective this season off the bench.

The question is how many South fans will he attract and how much the club could make off Souvlaki revenue.

Reckon our front 3 will be either

Arzani / Bruno / Vergos

Or

Arzani / Reec / Vergos.

Bruno cant play every game and may be more effective this season off the bench.

The question is how many South fans will he attract and how much the club could make off Souvlaki revenue.
Ha! The hardcore South fans will never turn, I will definitely contribute to the Souvlaki revenue :)
Just checked his wikipage pretty average not that many goals as my mate was telling me. Looks like he had his best seasons playing for Panetolikos between 2020-22. Good thing is he's still only 28 and he's pretty tall so if we can plonk the ball on to his head he'll score enough goals for us.

Victory beat Altona Magic 2-0. Vellupillay and Piscopo with the goals. Both good finishes. Vergos started and played 30. Bos starting over Traore. No Teague or Folami on the bench, are they injured? Arzani and Fornaroli started on the bench.

One thing about Docklands that was good was the large supply of GA tickets which lead to larger crowds. It was very ease for the casuals to rock up on Matchday and purchase a GA ticket easily. That's why we were getting 25-30k there regularly for awhile.

Such a crowd isn't possible at AAMI as the only seats left sound be Cat A which just aren't going to be purchased by a casual attendee.

I reckon the club should just sell as many GA tickets on Matchday as possible and bad luck if a GA member can't get in because GA sells out.

One thing about Docklands that was good was the large supply of GA tickets which lead to larger crowds. It was very ease for the casuals to rock up on Matchday and purchase a GA ticket easily. That's why we were getting 25-30k there regularly for awhile.

Such a crowd isn't possible at AAMI as the only seats left sound be Cat A which just aren't going to be purchased by a casual attendee.

I reckon the club should just sell as many GA tickets on Matchday as possible and bad luck if a GA member can't get in because GA sells out.
Would drop my membership if they did that lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would drop my membership if they did that lol

I think it would be fine, it would encourage members to rock up early. First in, best dressed etc.

Need to capitalise on the casual matchgoer who is looking to rock up and buy a GA ticket. Currently the club reserves the majority of GA tickets for members even if they don't attend. Which means often Cat B/A is all that's available despite many GA seats staying empty. And the average person who's rocking up casually isn't likely to shell out for Cat B/A.

I think it would be fine, it would encourage members to rock up early. First in, best dressed etc.

Need to capitalise on the casual matchgoer who is looking to rock up and buy a GA ticket. Currently the club reserves the majority of GA tickets for members even if they don't attend. Which means often Cat B/A is all that's available despite many GA seats staying empty. And the average person who's rocking up casually isn't likely to shell out for Cat B/A.
All well and good but I can't get there that early with a 3yo and sit around waiting for the game to start. So I guess it depends what the club prefers, the membership $$ or the the casual goers $$

All well and good but I can't get there that early with a 3yo and sit around waiting for the game to start. So I guess it depends what the club prefers, the membership $$ or the the casual goers $$

Both. There aren't going to be too many times that a GA member turns up and all GA tickets are sold out.

If I were in charge I'd look at the stats and see on average how many members attend every week. That should be the number of GA tickets reserved for GA members. Then, put GA tickets on sale until they're exhausted. I reckon it'll be rare that a member misses out and for derbies / big ticket fixtures they are usually always reserved seating anyway (have to enter your membership on ticketek to get a ticket).

I'm filing that under bullshit. Surely not.

I had the same reaction but have heard it from a few different people now. I hope it's just an overreaction to Teague missing the cup match. I'd assumed that was an unannounced injury or management.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/25 Melbourne Victory Thread - Brace Yourself.. The Kisnorbo Era Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back