A lot of people seem to be forgetting....

Remove this Banner Ad

Medders_7

Senior List
Suspended
Mar 3, 2008
Traralgon
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
McLaren Mercedes, Nicola Motorsport
That in the midst of all the Buddy Franklin hype, there was a certain #32 from Collingwood who kicked 5.4 on Friday from 9 shots against a much better defence than Buddy kicked his 1.7 from 8 shots ....

Trav could be the difference this week! :thumbsu:

That in the midst of all the Buddy Franklin hype, there was a certain #32 from Collingwood who kicked 5.4 on Friday from 9 shots against a much better defence than Buddy kicked his 1.7 from 8 shots ....

Are you sure? Courtney Johns, Jay nash, i can continue,

• Banned
And something else that has been overlooked was that Brown played very well too.

Indeed he did, along with Lockyer and both Shaws who also seem to have been forgotten!
I pity other teams when all of our boys are fully fired ... it's not long! :cool:

i cant really agree that the bombers defence was better! alot of travs work was done in junk time as i have stated previously, stats arent always a good indicator. He is yet to find his B&F form of last year

• Banned
I want names.

Who are these people who are forgetting?

No-one in particular, just generally.

I've heard plenty in the media this week about Buddy's 8 shots on goal and how wonderful it is he is getting that much ball etc etc .....

Yet not a word about Trav!?

full respect to Trav Cloke, is a quality player and deserves more media coverage because he is consistently performing for you guys and will only get better with time. I think too much is made of Rocca, I think although he can still have good games he's well past his best and main use now is to take a quality defender out of the game! (yes i know he always performs against the Hawks, have you seen our backline ;))

I think Cloke gets forgotten a lot like Roughead does, I personally believe if Franklin didn't play for Hawthorn Roughead would and could kick a lot more goals and recieve a lot more praise!

Good Luck this week Pies, should be a cracker game...hopefully we get great weather and we get to see the best out of our superstars; Franklin, Roughead, Rioli, Hodge, Thomas, Pendlebury, Cloke, Didak :D

I'm excited!!!

I'm just waiting until our entire team starts playing like we all know they can. We have played way under what we can so far this season, once we start firing properly we will all be very, very happy. Trav hasn't been playing to his standard yet this season. Once he does, well all I can say is :D.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

full respect to Trav Cloke, is a quality player and deserves more media coverage because he is consistently performing for you guys and will only get better with time. I think too much is made of Rocca, I think although he can still have good games he's well past his best and main use now is to take a quality defender out of the game! (yes i know he always performs against the Hawks, have you seen our backline ;))

I think Cloke gets forgotten a lot like Roughead does, I personally believe if Franklin didn't play for Hawthorn Roughead would and could kick a lot more goals and recieve a lot more praise!

Good Luck this week Pies, should be a cracker game...hopefully we get great weather and we get to see the best out of our superstars; Franklin, Roughead, Rioli, Hodge, Thomas, Pendlebury, Cloke, Didak :D

I'm excited!!!
your fogetting SWAN:D

Cloke is a champ, a very good player and one of the best CHFs.

However, Franklin is a top 5 player in the league, and he is only 21. That's why there's a discrepancy in media attention.

Trav will never sell as many newspapers as Franklin, he'll never be as flashy or 'sexy' if you'll excuse the term, but he will be an excellent centre half forward/full forward for us for a decade or more to come.
I'm pleased he doesn't get the attention Franklin gets because one day Buddy will struggle and the media will be all over him like a flock of seagulls on a packet of chips - Travis is better off without that sort of attention.

Trav will never sell as many newspapers as Franklin, he'll never be as flashy or 'sexy' if you'll excuse the term, but he will be an excellent centre half forward/full forward for us for a decade or more to come.
I'm pleased he doesn't get the attention Franklin gets because one day Buddy will struggle and the media will be all over him like a flock of seagulls on a packet of chips - Travis is better off without that sort of attention.
Trav may become the more solid and consistent player - but I'd be prepared to swap if they threw in that bag of chips.

Rate Cloke highly but I didn't see much of a defence against Ess, unless you call witches hats defence.

Until the 2nd half last week Trav was well down on form this year so no real call for media attention. Collingwood players get enough anyway. Hopefully he played himself back into form in the 2nd half last week. If so thank you Bombers

This week will be tougher but his hands and the way he hit the ball hard makes me optimistic. We need him this week to stand a reasonable chance.

Buddy is in a different league to Cloke currently, if keeps current form for a couple of seasons will be no 1 player in the league. I hope Cloke becomes elite but I dont think he will reach Buddys level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back