A-Rod admits, regrets use of PEDs

Remove this Banner Ad

well take 152 home runs he during his 3 years at the rangers and that will be his correct total. so he hasnt got his 500 home run yet. thats what i reckon they should do. they new york media and the the fans jump on him more than they have after his failiures in the post season now

Trouble is it wasn't outlawed in the sport then..... but he has cheated himself and the fans. I'm not sure ALL of those HR's are down to steroids either.

Trouble is it wasn't outlawed in the sport then..... but he has cheated himself and the fans. I'm not sure ALL of those HR's are down to steroids either.

well than they can say the same thing about bonds to be honest.any way. arod is an idiot and i wouldnt want to be his team mate. he is nothing like jeter

What I said on another forum;

I still can't believe a lot of this Steroid stuff.

People get all high and mighty about it, yet when the steroids era was at its full swing - and correct me if I'm wrong - there wasn't a concrete MLB policy against drug use. So if it wasn't necessarily against the rules, how can someone be doing something wrong? Sure, the rules were in other sports and it's getting an artificial leg up on your competition, but if they were so up in arms about it... DO SOMETHING, BITCHES!

Also - the suspensions for MLB (and the NFL for that matter) are a complete and utter joke. What incentives are there to not juice up when you'll get slapped with minimal suspensions.

If a top-line sprinter got caught on the juice... BOOM! Two years straight away.

MLB can't claim to be acting tough on steroids when a first offense gets you a 50-game suspension. That's nothing in the scheme of things - not even one-third of the season.

--------

Here's my problem with the whole A-Rod scandal.

The scandal is the result of a leaked test conducted in 2003 by MLB to see if they had a steroid problem (as if it wasn't punching them in the face daily at that stage).

Of all players test, 104 came back positive. Alex Rodriguez is just one of those 104. Because he's as good a baseballer as he is (not to mention the highest-paid), added to the fact that he's not a well-liked man (jealousy's a real bitch) - his is the name that's leaked as though baseball needs another poster boy for the juiced era. (Does anyone honestly think if it were Greg Maddux or Derek Jeter who had tested positive that their names would be out there?)

So, his name's been leaked. What about the other 103? Gimme their names. MLB should have released them all at once as soon as the results were known. They should have released the results and given amnesty to anyone who tested positive and said "this is our fault. Our inaction and non-existent rules have caused this to happen. Not anymore. If you've been caught taking steroids in the past - you're one of the lucky ones and there are no penalties for you. But know this - we've drawn a line in the sand, anyone from now on caught taking banned substances is gone. There won't be 50 game suspensions, there'll be season-long suspensions at least. Any damage to the brand by taking marquee names out of the game is going to be less than the damage you've done to the game and less than the damage we've done to ourselves".

Also, if I were an MLB'er - I'd be pretty pissed right about now. I'd sue MLB for breach of privacy and organise a massive strike. **** the faux-righteousness of MLB. They took those tests on the base of anonymity and that the tests would be destroyed. This wasn't a drugs test - it was a survey and they (MLB) betrayed the players' trust. Because of that - they should strike. They should strike not because of the drugs issue, but because how can they trust their governing body ever again?

Baseball needs another Commissioner - someone like the late Bart Giamatti who banished Pete Rose and then set about the task of rebuilding baseball and the public's trust in it.

Sooner or later - people need to see that it's not Alex Rodriguez... or Barry Bonds... or Mark McGwire or anyone who tested positive's fault. MLB, through their initial inaction, is the biggest culprit of the lot here and until the slate is made clean, the cloud will continue to hang over the game.

What I said on another forum;

I still can't believe a lot of this Steroid stuff.

People get all high and mighty about it, yet when the steroids era was at its full swing - and correct me if I'm wrong - there wasn't a concrete MLB policy against drug use. So if it wasn't necessarily against the rules, how can someone be doing something wrong? Sure, the rules were in other sports and it's getting an artificial leg up on your competition, but if they were so up in arms about it... DO SOMETHING, BITCHES!

Also - the suspensions for MLB (and the NFL for that matter) are a complete and utter joke. What incentives are there to not juice up when you'll get slapped with minimal suspensions.

Sooner or later - people need to see that it's not Alex Rodriguez... or Barry Bonds... or Mark McGwire or anyone who tested positive's fault. MLB, through their initial inaction, is the biggest culprit of the lot here and until the slate is made clean, the cloud will continue to hang over the game.

That is basically all that needs to be said, you hit the nail on the head right there mate. :thumbsu:

Only after he is caught :p

Yeah I was thinking exactly the same thing.

It's all well and good for him to be "praised" for admit guilt but it was only after he was found out that he admitted it.
If that SI story was never run do you think that Alex would have come out and admitted to his using of steroids?

I agree that MLB itself has a lot to answer for for the mess they have created. But when you have a guy like Selig in charge who is constantly passing the buck and saying, "it's not my fault", what more could you expect?

I think A-Rod needs to get a better acting coach. His performances with Peter Gammons and at his press conference the other day have been nothing short of cringeworthy. I loved the pause and the attempt to cry when asked if there was anything he would like to say to his team mates :rolleyes:. Keep reaching for that water bottle A-Rod!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

A-Rod admits, regrets use of PEDs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back