A thread on politics- have some balls and post

Remove this Banner Ad

So here's the thing.

You can hate Trump and what he stands for and have a very legitimate fear of what he promises to do in a second term without loving Biden... or being a Democrat.

The stuff in this thread is exactly why politics at the moment is throwing up the people it does. The polarization of people is nonsensical and cultish.

You only have to look at JD Vance and Nikki Haley who despite years of bitter resentment towards Trump are now true sycophants. People who are moderate Republicans backing Trump simply because he is the person most likely to win despite the misgivings.

The backers of Biden who despite knowing his limitations stand by him for the same reasons.

Trump was disastrous for social cohesion in his first term. He created division and hatred that still lingers. His agenda for the second term is worse.

There has never been a President so hell bent on interfering with the personal lives of the population or pushing his or his supporters religious and social agendas.

Leaders have 2 roles. The first is to create economic stability and growth for the good of the people. The second is to create a society of cohesion and harmony. Everything else is framed by those 2 principles.

No matter your view on the first, Trump has no desire to ensure the second benefits all of society, just a select few.

And that alone makes him the worst choice. Regardless of Biden's problems.
The division was actually sown by the other mob who refused to accept that he had won and had ongoing mass protests and the FBI throwing up a ruse that went on for his whole term. Trump was under siege well before he took the oath of office.

As far as a leader having the role to " create" a society of cohesion and harmony , good luck. This isn't Utopia. We've lived in a world of multiple conflicting interests and extreme geopolitical tensions since forever.

Trump's critics are going to have to come up with something better than the fear of what he will do otherwise he'll waltz back into the White House. And likely hardly do any of it.

Fwiiw the rhetoric , body language and just his general demeanour make me think Trump has gone to school on Teddy Roosevelt and is reaching out to blue collar workers and those who aren't satisfied with whatever it is for one thing or another in a very similar fashion.

This was starkly evident with his reaction to the assassination attempt . Instinctively he went full Teddy Roosevelt , macho fist pumping with blood trickling down. Creating an aura. It was instinctive.

I'll be very interested to read his address at the Republican Congress. Trump has seen destiny staring him in the face and I doubt it's going to be the same Trump. I hope it's not.

Fwiiw the rhetoric , body language and just his general demeanour make me think Trump has gone to school on Teddy Roosevelt and is reaching out to blue collar workers and those who aren't satisfied with whatever it is for one thing or another in a very similar fashion.

This was starkly evident with his reaction to the assassination attempt . Instinctively he went full Teddy Roosevelt , macho fist pumping with blood trickling down. Creating an aura. It was instinctive.

I'll be very interested to read his address at the Republican Congress. Trump has seen destiny staring him in the face and I doubt it's going to be the same Trump. I hope it's not.
I saw this posted elsewhere with the caption how a woke Democrat would react to an ear shot and instinctively laughed >
7d2b4c1618d10f1cb7e20296493eb795.jpg

Why does that make you laugh?
Quirky things just make me laugh, it's instinctive, I can't explain it. I look on it as similar to sexual preference in that you have no control over what makes you laugh/what sex you are attracted to.

As with most humour it has a healthy dose of hyperbole.

Here are a couple more that made me cackle >

1721257522671.png
1721257553637.png
I'm surprised that the law enforcement aren't wearing safety harnesses due to the extreme pitch on this roof.
1721257621373.png

I'm not at all interested in who's right or who's wrong in political debates. One side will never agree with the other and they're both equally delusional in my view. What interests me is what's happening and why.

What's happening is that both sides talk about very little else but Trump. How good he is or how he's going to wreck the country. That's why we talk about him here.

The big why for me is why would Trump go through what he has in the last decade and get up fist pumping after being shot at. This is the crux of it for me. His life has been hell as far as I can tell. Maybe he likes that. The argument to enrich he and his mates is nonsense. They don't need a President if they want to enrich each other. In fact if that was your game the President is the last thing you'd want to be because every single thing you do gets publicly scrutinised forever. The person who has enriched himself most from politics is Biden.

Trump is the most fascinating character to emerge as a world leader in decades. Universally pilloried and creating enough media fodder about what a terrible person he is to replace the Magna Carta.

The other interesting thing to emerge in this election is that the anti Trumps were saying the exact same things in 2016 as they're saying now. The pro Trumps were to a significant degree in the closet which is why the result was a shock. Now the pro Trumps are emboldened enough to voice their support ( I'm talking about anyone with a profile ). This is a major shift.

The Dems can't just sit there and let this happen but they made a mistake in not limiting Biden to the one term which has significantly reduced their reach. They did so because they under estimated Trump and because Biden has had the delegates in his pocket for a long time. I think they go with him now unless he decides otherwise and their best hope is to tone it down against Trump and concoct a positive narrative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Biden will be able to see it through.

Donors are dropping off like flies and that's the straw that will break the camel's back as far as the Biden re election campaign goes. Pelosi seems to be wavering. It's now a matter of time in my view before the delegates who support Biden get really nervous. But they need an alternative.

Let's hope they can get someone out of left field to put some real interest and contest into the campaign. Someone to provide a contrast to Donald and make him look like the old one.

I don't think Biden will be able to see it through.

Donors are dropping off like flies and that's the straw that will break the camel's back as far as the Biden re election campaign goes. Pelosi seems to be wavering. It's now a matter of time in my view before the delegates who support Biden get really nervous. But they need an alternative.

Let's hope they can get someone out of left field to put some real interest and contest into the campaign. Someone to provide a contrast to Donald and make him look like the old one.
Heard back in February that it was already organised that Biden would step away in August and Michelle Obama would step up.
Haven’t seen anything to suggest that she is interested but that is what I heard way back then.
Him stepping down is a formality though.

So the democrats are making a bad situation even worse by not getting behind Kamala
Who? All the big names that I've seen (especially those that were being floated as alternate options) are behind Harris already.

Kamala Harris seems like a bit of a vacuous pea brain from the snippets I have seen, always giggling like a school girl and waffling meaningless platitudes.

The standard of candidate for President from either party has not risen with the departure of Dementia Joe.

Congressman Thomas Massie is an impressive individual who would be worth a go at some stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

A thread on politics- have some balls and post

Remove this Banner Ad

Back