A thread on politics- have some balls and post

Remove this Banner Ad

Kamala Harris seems like a bit of a vacuous pea brain from the snippets I have seen, always giggling like a school girl and waffling meaningless platitudes.

The standard of candidate for President from either party has not risen with the departure of Dementia Joe.

Congressman Thomas Massie is an impressive individual who would be worth a go at some stage.

Plus you know how loopy women get a week a month

Kamala Harris seems like a bit of a vacuous pea brain from the snippets I have seen, always giggling like a school girl and waffling meaningless platitudes.
Well, at least she's never been accused of raping anyone. Or claimed that she can grab people by the genitals. Or said she'd date her own child. Or been convicted of a felony. Or ridiculed someone's disability. Or tried to undermine the results of a free and fair election (and been laughed out of court in the resulting trial). I could go on.

But I'd get some enjoyment out of Trump getting back in, because I'm happy if America fails. They're too arrogant, and a multipolar world will be a better thing overall.

Well, at least she's never been accused of raping anyone. Or claimed that she can grab people by the genitals. Or said she'd date her own child. Or been convicted of a felony. Or ridiculed someone's disability. Or tried to undermine the results of a free and fair election (and been laughed out of court in the resulting trial). I could go on.

But I'd get some enjoyment out of Trump getting back in, because I'm happy if America fails. They're too arrogant, and a multipolar world will be a better thing overall.
You can check my history I have never been a fan of Trump, the standard of Politician all over the world is mostly atrocious from both sides. The President isn't really the ultimate seat of power anyway.

The only reason I would like to see Trump get back in is to see the laughable Atomic meltdowns from the mega TDS crew who think the world will explode just as it did in his first term.:think::rolleyes:

Obama, Pelosi, others I can't recall

Need to drum up excitement and move quickly
Pelosi apparently was part of the push to get Biden out so not jumping on board the next train was part of trying to calm the farm of any Biden loyalists (is that a thing?).

Not sure what Obama is up to.

You can check my history I have never been a fan of Trump,
I believe you. I guess my point is even though Harris is not an impressive candidate, anyone who is allowed within 100m of a primary school is probably more pleasant than Trump.

the standard of Politician all over the world is mostly atrocious from both sides.
We may disagree on what those sides are. I would agree that "centre-left" parties are mostly atrocious (Democrats, Aus Labor, UK Labour, Canadian Liberals, German Social Democrats etc), but I'd also argue that they all abandoned leftist economics by 1997. Now they're all just servants to big business just like their major rivals.

What's the difference between the Republican and Democrat politicians? The Republican will punch you in the face and call you a groomer, the Democrat will punch you in the face while waving a (corporate-sponsored) pride flag. But either way, you get punched in the face. I think Bernie Sanders (and in the UK, Jeremy Corbyn) was the last potential leader who didn't want to economically punch an average person in the face.

The President isn't really the ultimate seat of power anyway.
I agree, the majority ownership of big corporations are. Most prominently, the heads of media organisations.

The only reason I would like to see Trump get back in is to see the laughable Atomic meltdowns from the mega TDS crew who think the world will explode just as it did in his first term.:think::rolleyes:
Seeing as sexism has been brought up on this page, I'd argue that Trump stacking the Supreme Court with rabid conservatives directly led to a lot of people in conservative states losing their right to make their own choices with their own bodies. Whatever your personal view on the ethics of abortion, it was certainly a cataclysm for those people, and I wouldn't blame them for seeing Trump as a sexist pig who will interfere with their lives more if given power again.

I'd also argue the hare-brained economic policies that Trump's been discussing, like eliminating all federal income tax and replacing it with a 60% tariff on all imports, would absolutely screw up the US economy and lead to widespread poverty while a select few wealthy people get much more wealthy.

Quirky things just make me laugh, it's instinctive, I can't explain it.
I can, it's a stereotype that left-leaning people are weak or cowardly. And that's okay, I like to laugh at negative stereotypes of conservatives too. But let's not then dismiss others as having a mindset that all Democrats are good and holy and Republicans are all evil, because that's not very consistent.

I look on it as similar to sexual preference in that you have no control over what makes you laugh/what sex you are attracted to.
In some ways I disagree. There are things we would have laughed at a decade or two ago that we wouldn't laugh at now. Domestic violence is no longer funny to me, for example, though I probably guffawed at a DV joke many years ago. Some things can still work as very dark comedy, but we can draw the line at what we find unacceptable and take it seriously.

I can, it's a stereotype that left-leaning people are weak or cowardly. And that's okay, I like to laugh at negative stereotypes of conservatives too. But let's not then dismiss others as having a mindset that all Democrats are good and holy and Republicans are all evil, because that's not very consistent.

In some ways I disagree. There are things we would have laughed at a decade or two ago that we wouldn't laugh at now. Domestic violence is no longer funny to me, for example, though I probably guffawed at a DV joke many years ago. Some things can still work as very dark comedy, but we can draw the line at what we find unacceptable and take it seriously.
It's all on the comedians style IMO, I'm a fan of very dark humour, love Bill Burr and he has domestic violence, abortion, holocaust and racial stereotypes bits in some of his routines... another comedian could have a similar routine and it comes across cringeworthy or distasteful.

Jimmy Carr is another one who I can understand people taking offence to but I also love his crass quick one liner sexual innuendo style of comedy.

I mentioned hyperbole being a part of humour, another commonality with humour is it usually has at least a scintilla of truth(or an ingrained perception or truth) to it. I can not remember ever being notably offended by comedy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

President of the US resigning via a SM account and not fronting personally to the nation or the press is up there as the weirdest thing to have occurred in the US democracy. Unheard of.

It's not Guatemala is it ?

Very dangerous precedent set right there.

President of the US resigning via a SM account and not fronting personally to the nation or the press is up there as the weirdest thing to have occurred in the US democracy. Unheard of.

It's not Guatemala is it ?

Very dangerous precedent set right there.
He’s withdrawing from the next election race - not resigning from the role - I think you’re over cooking it

He’s withdrawing from the next election race - not resigning from the role - I think you’re over cooking it
Sorry WR .

It stinks to high heaven. In a democracy , especially the most powerful one in the world , the people are entitled to hear from the person they elected as President as to why one day he's fully committed to his next term and then the next something goes up on Twitter of all places.

Regime change ?? Who's decided this ??

Biden had the delegates locked up.

A sitting President with the vast majority of the delegates locked up.

''Biden had a change of heart on Sunday, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters news agency.
The president told allies that as of Saturday night he planned to stay in the race before changing his mind on Sunday afternoon.
"Last night the message was proceed with everything, full speed ahead," a source familiar with the matter told Reuters, speaking on condition of anonymity.
"At around 1.45pm today: the president told his senior team that he had changed his mind."

If there's a brokered convention that raises more questions.

These days LBJ would've done it via Twitter DM attached to a dick pic.
It's actually not funny.

An assassination attempt on the fierce rival where the investigation has seemingly been shut down with no update on progress , no extensive fronting to the media of the CIA or explanation to the people as to actions/motive/security failures. Snipers with their guns set on a kid on the roof with a weapon and they just let him shoot.

The next week the President basically steps down via his media team on Twitter but no clarity on what next from the sitting Government except he endorses his understudy . Whatever that's worth.

I'm not into conspiracies but this is just next level. A bit bamboozled others can't see that.

Biden had his second term locked up tighter than any other Democratic Pres. in US history until they realised he was going to lose.

An assassination attempt that has question marks all over it on the GOP opponent and a twitter step aside/but effectively a resignation of the Pres.in the space of one week . In July.

It's far too much to swallow.

It's actually not funny.

An assassination attempt on the fierce rival where the investigation has seemingly been shut down with no update on progress , no extensive fronting to the media of the CIA or explanation to the people as to actions/motive/security failures. Snipers with their guns set on a kid on the roof with a weapon and they just let him shoot.

The next week the President basically steps down via his media team on Twitter but no clarity on what next from the sitting Government except he endorses his understudy . Whatever that's worth.

I'm not into conspiracies but this is just next level. A bit bamboozled others can't see that.
Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.

Biden had his second term locked up tighter than any other Democratic Pres. in US history until they realised he was going to lose.

An assassination attempt that has question marks all over it on the GOP opponent and a twitter step aside/but effectively a resignation of the Pres.in the space of one week . In July.

It's far too much to swallow.
If you want to get into real conspiracy theories, the Supreme Court just found that presidents can't be prosecuted for acts taken in the role of president.

So as long as Biden was protecting the country from the imminent threat of a treasonous inciter being elected president, he could conceivably be within his legal rights to suggest the Server Service stand down on any assassination attempts of his opponent.

no it wont be

ir theorists cream over bipolar (post ww2) and unipolar (post soviet union) world orders because of how stable they are

a return to a multipolar system will inevitably bring bring back balance of power politics, leading to blocs forming with serious tension points. early 20th century was the bloodiest period in history as the last true time a multipolar world existed.

none of that is in australia's best interest. we do not have the capacity to have full autonomy in the international system - we were almost screwed in world war 2 when the british abandoned the pacific. our interests are best served by having a great power patron whose goals align with our own. america at the international level largely accomplishes this.

the fewer great powers there are, the better the systems work

Remove this Banner Ad

A thread on politics- have some balls and post

Remove this Banner Ad

Back