Bomber Bears

Cancelled
Sep 30, 2005
Wollongong
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
North Sydney, Liverpool, NSW
So whilst i couldnt even hope to claim to be a long term dedicated fan of the band (not helped by them stopping when i was about 15 years old) I certainly enjoy there stuff and have been listening alot lately.

Now most of the secret identities are somewhat, however Les Miserables and Jon St. Penis. Have they been the same guys the whole way through or has this been a revolving door of sorts (which could explain why Jon played sax on earlier stuff but not on anything later).

Also which is which? eg save our tism gig, which one has the signs most of the night and which one is the nutter who keeps stage diving with Ron?

i never got tism.
laughed at them but never,"got them" like all you mensa heads :D

anyway knew about ron, humphrey etc, just wasnt sure if Jon and Les had been the same guys the whole way through or not.

So whilst i couldnt even hope to claim to be a long term dedicated fan of the band (not helped by them stopping when i was about 15 years old) I certainly enjoy there stuff and have been listening alot lately.

Now most of the secret identities are somewhat, however Les Miserables and Jon St. Penis. Have they been the same guys the whole way through or has this been a revolving door of sorts (which could explain why Jon played sax on earlier stuff but not on anything later).

Also which is which? eg save our tism gig, which one has the signs most of the night and which one is the nutter who keeps stage diving with Ron?

* apologies Mods, didnt see this question till now.

A good mate of mine was President of the TISM fan club for many years, an unpaid roadie with the band when they toured and now the Merchadise Manager for the offshoot band ROOT. I asked him your questions and this is his answer.

"OK answers;

Les Miserables has changed twice. There was an original LES and then LES who is Humphry’s cousin Aaron. Also Aarron aka LES is the one who is also stage diving.

Jon St peeenis has been the same the whole way through to the best of my knowledge.

The Sax player was leek Van layland. (spelling?)

All may be revealed somewhat as I may get the go ahead to write a book about them. I’m in early negotiations now with a scheduled start date of June this year.

Initial conversations have gone well, and it will be a full synopsis of TISM. Alas there will be NO NAMING of them or real images. I can’t kill the mystique too much LOL.

Also it may be of note that I’m sure you have said that I was the president of the fan club for many years but I am now the Merchandise manager for ROOT! Which is the new shoot off band from TISM which features Humphrey as the lead singer. Two of the members of ROOT! Have played as stand ins for TISM."

Should answer your question BB :thumbsu:

One has died from what i have heard?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pretty sure ron teaches english/history anyway

Cheers RustyHawk
I thought leek was the old guitarist before Tokin Blackman

One of them is supposed to be a uncle of a Jet band member.

Don't know if the craplist is still going, Victims of Tism has a group on facebook and I think the website for that is still going. Not sure about the yahoo mailing list.

I saw TISM live nearly thirty times. I was at at least three of the gigs shown on various live tracks of the White Albun DVD. Awesome band in concert.

We must've collided a few times in the mosh-pit Moistie. Fantastic band live.... great fun!

Ron Hitler-Barassi is still teaching at a Melbourne secondary college... he has also had a book published which is a rather unusual and clever interpretation of the American Civil War.

Humphrey, as suggested, is fronting another band. He also was a secondary school teacher before moving into copywriting.

Eugene Dela Hot-CroixBun is the uncle of the two Cester boys in Jet.

And lead guitarist Tokin' Blackman (who replaced Leak Van Vlalen in the early 90's) died after a short illness in April last year.

99.9% sure that we had one of them as our stand in music teacher back in the 80`s

was a young bloke early 20`s back then .. came from and taught around Croydon .

this may be a bit of a "Meh" story but that man has always stuck with me .

Promise this is true story ...

We were learning sheet music at the time and the old biddy we had was so fastidious and boring ... violins etc ...

When we had this bloke , he walked in in black jeans and black leather jacket . Bought in (vynil) a copy of "Never mind the bollocks" and played it for us because in his words it was one of the most important albums ever made .

he ended up giving me his cassette tape of Lou Reed`s "Transformer"... Still have it to this day

He walked out after that week and i never saw him again .... it was like something out of a friggin movie but boy did that bloke make his mark on me .... just wish i could remember his name ...

The reason i am so sure he was from TISM was because i had a mate who went to Croydon high and he said he had this teacher who was in this band TISM for a while ... i ended up describing him and it was a perfect match down to the clothes and everything

We must've collided a few times in the mosh-pit Moistie. Fantastic band live.... great fun!

Ron Hitler-Barassi is still teaching at a Melbourne secondary college... he has also had a book published which is a rather unusual and clever interpretation of the American Civil War.

Humphrey, as suggested, is fronting another band. He also was a secondary school teacher before moving into copywriting.

Eugene Dela Hot-CroixBun is the uncle of the two Cester boys in Jet.

And lead guitarist Tokin' Blackman (who replaced Leak Van Vlalen in the early 90's) died after a short illness in April last year.

I thought Jock Cheese died?

Jock Cheese (not his real name obviously) was TISM's bass guitarist and is alive and well. As Bomber Bears has written, Tokin' Blackman's real name was James Paull, better known to his mates as Jock. That's where the initial confusion began.

Remove this Banner Ad

A TISM question

Remove this Banner Ad

Back