A Yank on The Footy....New episodes EVERY week. An American take on the greatest game on the planet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ep. 121 of A Yank on the Footy is now available! Episode Link -- In the episode, I review Rd 2 of the AFLW, and discuss the new corporate sponsorship of the AFL/AFLW. I hope you'll check it out!

The first 5 preview episodes for 2022 are now available, with more being released every day til the first bounce. You can find them at ayankonthefooty.com. Magpies, Crows, Power, Giants and Cats episodes are now available.
13 of the preview episodes are now available. Bulldogs, Roos, Swans and Suns are recorded and will be out in the next day or two. Still trying to track down a Richmond supporter. You can find them at ayankonthefooty.com, or at your favorite podcast host.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you have a game of footy that you'll never forget? Want to tell the world about it? I'd love the opportunity to sit down and spend a bit of time talking with you about it for a series of episodes that I'm doing for my podcast. I hope you'll take a quick read of the linked blog post, and if you're interested, I would love to set up a time to talk with you. Cheers, Craig Wessels - A Yank on the Footy Podcast

Your most memorable game -- Blog Post

Do you have a game of footy that you'll never forget? Want to tell the world about it? I'd love the opportunity to sit down and spend a bit of time talking with you about it for a series of episodes that I'm doing for my podcast. I hope you'll take a quick read of the linked blog post, and if you're interested, I would love to set up a time to talk with you. Cheers, Craig Wessels - A Yank on the Footy Podcast

Your most memorable game -- Blog Post
Hi, You have been plugging away for quite a while with this podcast and wondering what is your continuing motivation for doing so. You have probably realised by now that the International game is not that high on the priority list of AFL House. They of course have their reasons which is their right because they control the game in all areas.
Finally where do you as someone on the ground over there realistically see the game in the US in future years. I am not interested in an interview as above.

Hi, You have been plugging away for quite a while with this podcast and wondering what is your continuing motivation for doing so. You have probably realised by now that the International game is not that high on the priority list of AFL House. They of course have their reasons which is their right because they control the game in all areas.
Finally where do you as someone on the ground over there realistically see the game in the US in future years. I am not interested in an interview as above.
Good afternoon! I absolutely love the game that you and other footy fans have been so generous in sharing with me. Of course, I'm still using the podcast (around 260 episodes now) as a claxon call to let my fellow North Americans (including our Canadian friends to the north) about this great game they may not have yet discovered.

I've also had the great opportunity to interview some great people involved in the game, including club Presidents, former premiership players to trail blazers in the growth of the game. I love to learn more about the history of the game, and over 60% of the people listening (typically over 1000 downloads a month) are in Australia. I've had some great reviews, and quite frankly, I enjoy what I'm doing. I actually talk with more people in Australia (including several that I speak with many times a week) than I do living on my own street here in the US.

Please feel free to tell your friends about this crazy Yank that has fallen in love with your game! Cheers!

Thanks so very much to all of you who've checked out the podcast. 2022 has been a great year for the podcast, and I can't wait to see what 2023 has in store. Cheers everyone. If you've given it a listen, I hope you'll share it with your friends. (Across all listening platforms over the last 2 years, I've had listeners from over 50 countries).
SpotifyWrapped_1669944718134.png

As of tonight, 13 of my 18 club preview episodes will be recorded, awaiting being edited. Adelaide, Collingwood, GWS, Hawthorn and North Melbourne coming very soon. Can't wait to bring you these fun discussions with folks from podcasts like Attention to Deetail, Blue Abroad, The Chaps Chat Cats, the Lunchtime Catch up, Corn the Pear and others. Can't thank them enough for sharing their time and insight with me.

I'm also working on a series of episode (4 recorded at the moment), discussing ways that we can help to garner more interest in footy in the United States. If you've got any ideas about that, I'd love to hear from you! Drop me a note at ayankonthefooty@gmail.com, or at my website, ayankonthefooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

A Yank on The Footy....New episodes EVERY week. An American take on the greatest game on the planet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back