AA Selection

Remove this Banner Ad

I am comfortable with Hamish not making it as well. Considering where he was last year, and especially where he was when started with us, his status right now is super impressive. No stats support him being there. He is not better than Cox, Lade, Ottens, and co just yet.

I don't think he will ever be better than Cox who is simply a superfreak, but it won't be long before he is easily the next best ruckman.

He will be just as good maybe better than Cox,i live in W.A and i watch players from this state very closely,Cox was very,very average from the ages17-22 he looked so awkward he almost used to fall over himself when he ran and nowhere near the athlete he is now,on that basis Hamish is better than him at the same stage of their respective careers.

Hamish had more inside 50's and scoring assists than any ruckman in the comp.

Again, robbed.

If Geelong don't win the Premiership, it will just show up this load of sh!t team for what it is. Hopefully it will give them bigger egos.

Hamish had more inside 50's and scoring assists than any ruckman in the comp.

Again, robbed.
Compare the hitouts to advantage stat, which IMO is the most important stat for ruckmen, along with hitouts.

Compare the hitouts to advantage stat, which IMO is the most important stat for ruckmen, along with hitouts.

I dunno where to get those from.

A hitout to advantage gets your side a posession. Hamish had 100 more of those than Lade. H was just cutting out the middle man.

he was a certanty this year and look wat happnd
IMO, these wonderful selectors tend to reward players who have backed solid seasons. Hamish needs to keep improving.
I couldn't care less if he is AA this year, l think we all hope he continually improves to be as good as Cox - if he does that then individual awards will come.

I hate for him to do an Adrian McAdam?

Jeez, guys if you told me in March we'd be complaining that Hamish McIntosh was rated only the 3rd best ruckman in the competition after less than 50 games, ahead of players like Jeff White, Peter Everitt, Aaron Sandilands, Dean Brogan, Troy Simmons and all these sorts, i'd be telling you to lighten up.

Huge year for Hamish, and i'm sure he'll get his time in the AA books for years to come. But for now, he can use this as motivation to prove some people wrong Saturday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I couldn't really care about AA selection either. As someone pointed out - our strength is the team performance. Just because a group of "experts" didn't pick Hamish or JWS or CJ doesn't detract from their performance this year.

We know how good they've been. That's all that counts. What I like about Collingwood is that they are very team focussed too, and play with great determination. Sickening isn't it!

I dunno where to get those from.

A hitout to advantage gets your side a posession. Hamish had 100 more of those than Lade. H was just cutting out the middle man.
Would you value the times Lade perfectly palmed the ball to the likes of Shaun Burgoyne in space, and burgoyne going on to kicking a goal?
Lade had the most hit out to advantage, its giving your team first use of the ball, much more importaint then racking up kicks out of defense to the wing IMO
Hamish unlucky, but there were two better ruckmen in the comp this year.

Yeah, disappointed H didn't get in but:

As has been said, Hamish currently is not that strong with hitouts to advantage. Take a look at Cox for instance. He probably has the highest or close to the highest hitouts to advantage + he is a very strong possession getter. Hamish is currently a very strong possession getter but doesn't have the pure ruckwork down pat just yet. Something that will improve through experience. Meh..they chose the better pure ruckman. I'm over it. It doesn't change it being a very ordinary team though.

Remove this Banner Ad

AA Selection

Remove this Banner Ad

Back