AAMI Stadium $5.5mill Lights Upgrade

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd disagree with the point that SA doesn't have a bright future.
There's a fairly significant development boom going on at the moment and in Adelaide itself, there are a lot of apartments going up (and more importantly, selling) so the city might become a touch more 'vibrant' in years to come with more residents.

I'm not waiting another 10 years to see it happen though.

Yeah the city developements are pretty promising. But building a few 15 storey buildings isn't going to change a whole lot. The Currie street building + the new Hills HQ are going to be the best things to happen to Adelaides Skyline in the last 10 years IMO.

This is what gets me so ANGRY. We have a state which has crap economic and population growth. Interstaters say we are lame ducks and living like we are stuck in the 70's. Yet people do not want to embrace change.

Pretty pathetic really.

I'm not even sure if that is true - I don't think Adelaide necessarily has a bad economic future. It just FEELS like it does, and that perception is what is crippling.

And that's the main reason to do something like a centralised stadium, so there is something positive happening, that is about the quality of life of folks who live here. Something that isn't just driven by numbers crunchers or the grandmothers in Unley, but is exciting and invigorating.

Yeah the city developements are pretty promising. But building a few 15 storey buildings isn't going to change a whole lot. The Currie street building + the new Hills HQ are going to be the best things to happen to Adelaides Skyline in the last 10 years IMO.

No my point was that a few of them are residential, which means thousands more people living in the city square which is a good thing.
More people living in the CBD means more people in the restaurants, bars, shops, etc.

The Currie Street building will be fantastic. I don't think many of the current proposals are going to make much difference to the skyline except for 'Spire' which should make a fair impact.

I'm not even sure if that is true - I don't think Adelaide necessarily has a bad economic future. It just FEELS like it does, and that perception is what is crippling.

And that's the main reason to do something like a centralised stadium, so there is something positive happening, that is about the quality of life of folks who live here. Something that isn't just driven by numbers crunchers or the grandmothers in Unley, but is exciting and invigorating.

Debatable. SA Economy at the moment is very lackluster. If not for the Defense contracts we would be looking a very bleak future (ie having to rely on mining royalties...which is a bad thing).

Improve population growth and I think things will start looking up. Because not many businesses will want to open up in a state with basically nil population growth.

No my point was that a few of them are residential, which means thousands more people living in the city square which is a good thing.
More people living in the CBD means more people in the restaurants, bars, shops, etc.

The Currie Street building will be fantastic. I don't think many of the current proposals are going to make much difference to the skyline except for 'Spire' which should make a fair impact.

Yup. Currently CBD population is 17,000. The Mayor wants a target of 60,000 by 2025 (I think). So the city will improve and will hopefully be able to attract the stadiums and facilites to the CBD and make our city much more vibrant.

Remove this Banner Ad

AAMI Stadium $5.5mill Lights Upgrade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back