Delisted Aaron Cornelius (2008-2013)

Remove this Banner Ad

our big problem is kicking enough goals to win games at the moment.

i thought aaron was helping our forward structure and giving clark a cut out which was working well for the couple of games he played, without that last week we struggled . to be honest we need any avenue that will help us score !

yep he might not have the best defensive tank but he can kick goals and that is our priority

I dont think that Acorn should get another game until he can actually run out a game at FF.

Whilst he gives us structure and certainly does help Clark the fact that we have to sub him rather than a running player or ruckman is a huge disadvantage.

In Cornelius' two games he's had 9 disposals, 7 marks and kicked 1 behind.

In Leuenberger's two games playing as a forward, he's had 27 disposals, 8 marks and kicked 1 goal and 4 behinds (along with 29 hitouts).

In Cornelius' two games he's had 9 disposals, 7 marks and kicked 1 behind.

In Leuenberger's two games playing as a forward, he's had 27 disposals, 8 marks and kicked 1 goal and 4 behinds (along with 29 hitouts).

Played just over a half against the Dees and less than a half against the Saints, Grim. Really one game rather than two.

Plus we're not depriving ourselves of our best ruckman with Acorn down forward.

Also brings Clark into the game, perhaps we have been spoilt with Brown being as good as he is and our expectations need adjusting. Unfortuately our team struggles to cover the negatives that acorn brings, our team has to much youth at the moment maybe when Brown, Drummond and Clarke return.

I hope it clicks for him and he takes hold of his chances there is potential their.

Played just over a half against the Dees and less than a half against the Saints, Grim. Really one game rather than two.

If he's only good for half a game I'm not sure he deserves that benefit.

But we are depriving ourselves of run from the interchange bench.

If he's only good for half a game I'm not sure he deserves that benefit.

Yeah, if he can't run out a game from FF he can't play, really.

Although to be honest he didn't seem to be struggling in the Demons game when he got taken off. I thought Voss might have just wanted a smaller forward line once it started raining.

Personally, I'm in the 'anyone-but-Leuenberger' camp when it comes to our full forward. I always thought it was a crazy strategy. Acorn has his problems but I think we look like a much better team when we have a genuine full forward to kick to.

sounds like much of Browns first 15 odd games back in 2000

It seems to me that Brown was persisted with because he had enough tools for things to click into place, whereas Cornelius is missing a vital ingredient.

It seems to me that Brown was persisted with because he had enough tools for things to click into place, whereas Cornelius is missing a vital ingredient.

yeah proberly true. It must be danger signs for cornelius now and his future as a lions player post this season if uncontracted. Sounds like he has alot of work to do in order to fit into Vossy's calculations

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sounds like much of Browns first 15 odd games back in 2000

Wo wo back it up. I don't know much of Acorn's background but there was never any doubt that J Brown was going to make it and be an exceptional player. He commanded presence on the ground at age of 15! Acorn needs to extract the digit and just show everyone that he wants to be part of it more than anything else.

Wo wo back it up. I don't know much of Acorn's background but there was never any doubt that J Brown was going to make it and be an exceptional player. He commanded presence on the ground at age of 15! Acorn needs to extract the digit and just show everyone that he wants to be part of it more than anything else.

i think that nicely sums it up western royboy, acorn has never asserted himself when he has had the opportunity, he has never taken ownership of his responsibility to kick goals.

i fear if he doesn't do it soon it will be too late, it may already be to late.

Its only too late once you get the chop.

There could be quite a few reasons why Acorn is getting run - these could be attributed to both on and off the field behaviors.

He always indicated that he preferred the third tall position which I alway felt as strange in way - like a second fiddle aspiration ?

Basically defense is the new black in footy these day - simple as that. To many goals are scored on the rebound from an attacking sides forward fifty.

Also if he is not kicking goals - which is ok but where is the pressure, where are the goal assists, where is the floating down the ground for our kick-ins and using those sticky hands - I have only seen it once (and he dropped the mark).

It is not to late but with Lester and Karni on the seen he will be looking over the back of his shoulder.

NEAFL Round 6 vs Gold Coast

Aaron Cornelius, starved of the ball up forward, was moved to defence in the second term and repelled a number of attacks.

Cornelius pinch hit at both ends of the ground in the second half and kicked two goals.

Good to see that there was some success in trying him in a new spot. Hopefully, if the opportunity arises, it can be tried a bit more regularly to see how he goes.

Nothing new about Acorn in defence. Has spent plenty of time in the reserves there Lehmo.

NEAFL Round 8 vs NT Thunder

[FONT=&quot]Apart from Collier and Barry’s contributions, the Lions also stayed close courtesy of full-forward Aaron Cornelius, who kicked all four of their second half goals, their last five for the match and a total of 6.2 of their 12.12.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“I worked hard on the defensive things and it got me back in the game. I was pretty happy with the way I marked the ball. But that was a by-product of the defensive work,” Cornelius said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“I’ve been watching a bit of Jack Riewoldt. He gets up the ground and pushes back hard and is able to take marks,” Cornelius said. “You’ve got to model your game on blokes who are playing well, so that was one key for me.”[/FONT]

cornelius13.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted Aaron Cornelius (2008-2013)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back