Rosso

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2005
Down South
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Kansas City Chiefs
Heard him interviewed on SEN yesterday and he said that he hadn't spoken to any AFL clubs to date. Has bagged 88 goals (37 points) for Frankston this year and has been pretty consistant. Standing at 184cm he makes up for it with his leap and judgment (simular to Russell Robertson) and is a very good kick. Might be a late pick in the draft (say late 3rd onwards) and would probably suit us as we haven't got anyone (except possibly Gamble) that backs themselves in to take a grab in a pack situation. Is only 22 so I reckon that he's worth a punt.

Is he only 184cm? Mmm, I thought he was a bit taller.

He had a few discipline issues at the Eagles, hopefully for his sake he has got rid of those.

He is a near certainity to be drafted.

Jack-Packenham said:
Get rid of Playfair, Kingsley, McCarthy and Gardiner and replace with Grima, Hawkins and Edwards.

Agree to a point (think Playfair & Kingsley are tradeable and we should get something in return but Macca & Charlie look to be on the outer) but would like to see Grima retained as the nominated rookie as he is able to be re-rookied next year. If you ended up with say 5 picks you could get 2 onballers with picks 1 & 2, Hawkins with 3, Edwards with 4 and perhaps Davenport with our final pick (or you could rookie him too if he lasts).

That would give you 3 pretty much ready made players in Hawkins, Edwards and Davenport along with say a Proud / Jetta (preferably Proud) & Moss / Hurley, the last two having played senior football for the past 12 months.

Then you load up your rookie list with a ruckman and some KP defenders and perhaps an onballer and go full tilt at 2007.

Guys,

I know this guy personally. Decent guy, however a friggen loose cannon and makes enemies very easily.

Super talented individual yet his work rate makes Rioli look like a tri-athlete.

If you want division in a club and rifts between players, draft him.

In a one town team where players are worshipped, he is not the guy you want out getting on the booze (and other) to promote your club.

I'd steer well clear of him unless they are SUPER confident they could get his head right. I'f you'd wonder why know West coast delisted him after such a promising start to an AFL career then consider the nights out Micky Gardiner, Benny Cousins and young Aaron had on the end of season footy trip and to a lesser extent, during the season.

I've heard it all from the horses mouth so to speak..

Edwards is more of a powerful leading player. Robertson although good on the lead is an excellent one on one, jumping jack type.

I fear Edwards is too one dimensional and may be easy fodder for AFL defenders.

Went to my school...was the year above me I think. Was stoked for him when he made his AFL debut...didn't realise he got delisted for disciplinary reasons though.

chapmanmagic35 said:
Has he shown any signs of improvement (i.e. in behaviour)?

I've seen him twice in the last 2 months. Once he blind drunk at a night club, the other he was at a mutual friends kicking back being totally normal

I don't have a problem with a professional athlete getting blind drunk because if it is done at the right time, it wont affect there performance and they are supremely fit and can recover at a rapid place, however it's the attitude of 'I'm the man! Everyone, look at me!' and his poor work rate that leaves alot to be desired.

Short answer - In the right Environment could be a star but lacks disicpline. Does not appear to have changed of late.

If he got the choice to quit drinking and play afl again i think he wuld take it (unless he's an idiot) Im very keen on him he rips it up in the vfl

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good player, but listens to his own publicity a bit much.

Has a totally stuffed knee, and is a bit of a chemist.

Tends to run with the wrong crowd and heard there were blue lights outside his house this afternoon.

thehoff said:
I don't have a problem with a professional athlete getting blind drunk because if it is done at the right time, it wont affect their performance
Is this actually true? I've often wondered. Do professional triathletes and boxers do this??

Just to clear things up, his delisting wasn't just a result of being undisciplined. He had a thyroid problem that affected his performance. After being delisted by the Wet Toast he has had this problem diagnosed and it is now managed better and this has allowed him to maximise his output.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aaron Edwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back