Recommitted Aaron Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

Well done, Eth...

Or one.

Now whilst I'm happy to admit being a biased fella on occasion, the reason/s (plural) that I would have taken Francis were well founded.

He was, and is, extremely talented, an absurd mark of the ball, a beautiful kick, reads the play as well as anyone in the game - and all this was visible before he appeared at AFL level.

What he lacked was fitness and application.

This kid is.

Now here's the thing, I would probably have known less about him, if he was in another teams colours.

But here we are.

I know you were!

But shhhhh, I'm not done yet.... ;)

Or right.

Constantly, but I keep drunk stumbling in to facts.

Yeah ok.

**** it, I think we'll keep him.

He may win your B&F, and you'd still scramble to do this deal...

3 decent games and you went on a bump spree?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...s/news-story/981dd3589ac60c515ab5012611c1c9d6
We asked both clubs but if either had been super keen I think he’d be in SA right now.

I have zero doubt that both teams knew what Essendon would be prepared to let him go for and it wouldn’t have been cheap.

I think it was a case of dons only being prepared to let him go if a club gave them what they thought he would be worth if he put everything back together and both sa teams not wanting to spend that much on a player with his issues.

Port also didn’t have a first rounder last year and that is probably what Essendon we’re looking for.

Some really funny posts in this thread.

Francis has shown the last 3 weeks why Essendon supporters rate him so highly. It's understandable that opposition supporters with terrible football knowledge couldn't quite see the talent he possessed, but I think people are now slowly starting to realise how good he will be after watching him at AFL level.

Talent was never a concern. There were questions over his fitness and application.

Good on him for seemingly getting over his issues. He’s going to be a great player for a long time.

Last edited:
Lovely to see him playing good footy. If he does decide to go home, good luck to him, but I'm glad he's knuckled down this season and shown how good he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back