Toast Aaron Young

Remove this Banner Ad

Loved seeing him do so well in the guts. I know it's hardly the exclusive domain of the elite midfielders of the competition any more with all of the rotations etc., but he should take so much confidence out of the fact he damn well stood up when an already white hot game was at it's hottest.

Looked great in the pre-season but bear in mind has not set the world on fire with the limited chances he has had in the H&A this year. However played the sub role to perfection last night and it is in finals that reputations are made (and lost).

Came on and had a really solid impact, not to mention he was subbed on at the right time when Sam looked like he was running out of steam

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think if there's ever been an example of proof that your sub needs to be a hard runner who knows how to win plenty of footy, this is it. Youngy was magnificent.

Looked great in the pre-season but bear in mind has not set the world on fire with the limited chances he has had in the H&A this year. However played the sub role to perfection last night and it is in finals that reputations are made (and lost).

Thought he's been fantastic in the limited time he's been given.

Thought he's been fantastic in the limited time he's been given.
I think that the game on the weekend is the first in which you would use the word 'fantastic' to describe Aaron. Not having a shot, just trying to keep perspective. I believe he is part of our future.

I think that the game on the weekend is the first in which you would use the word 'fantastic' to describe Aaron. Not having a shot, just trying to keep perspective. I believe he is part of our future.

He's been fantastic since coming into the side.

If we picked him up with our first rounder and gifted him as many games as we did Jacobs, his spot would have been cemented long ago

His first two games for the club at AFL level I thought this kid has a footy brain and a few tricks. But he didn't have an AFL body and wasn't strong enough and couldn't get away from the experienced opponents. He now has that AFL body and confidence to compete and take on players. We will have a very good player for many years.

Who needs to improve at our club? Aaron Young has already improved, he needs to keep it going. There would be a few other players in front of him for the improvement tag atm.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/wh...ng-the-offseason/story-fnelctok-1226752996122
Source
AARON YOUNG (Port Adelaide)
YOUNG repaid Ken Hinkley's faith late in the year playing the last five games of the season including both finals. The shaggy-haired half forward bobbed up kicking goals in each of his home-and-away appearances while he was critical in Port's stunning elimination final win over Collingwood racking up 13 disposals starting as the substitute.
The other 17 clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Aaron Young