ABEFC hypocrisy once again rears its ugly head...

Remove this Banner Ad

Reality Check. Such an ironic name for someone that appears to be so far removed from reality. I can only assume you were trying to be sarcastic when you chose it.
When this whole saga first broke, I did a simple internet search on two things:
2012 ASADA/WADA banned list
AOD-9604
Within minutes this search led me to the conclusion that AOD was not approved for human therapeutical use, and that this would lead it to be banned under section S.0 of the WADA act.

Back to the original topic, the two cases simply aren't comparable. Bennell has clearly broken some rules and would/should be dealt with accordingly, along with any other GC players that have been doing the same thing.
Having said that, I think that the AFL's 3 strike policy is counter-intuitive to the WADA policy. All of these drugs are generally covered under sections S.6 - stimulants, S.7 - narcotics and S.8 - cannabinoids. You can't pick and choose which parts of the code you want to apply to your sport. If you sign up, you sign up for all of it. If a player tests positive for any of these things, or is known to have used them, ASADA should step in and deal with it rather than the AFL recording a strike against a player's name and allowing them to continue on playing until they get two more strikes... and then what? Do we even know what happens if a player records 3 strikes? Has it ever happened before? Does the player get a stint on the sidelines conveniently disguised as an injury so that the public is none the wiser?

I know critical thinking probably isn't your greatest strength, so I'll let you in on a little secret. The Age is an ABEFC organization. The article actually goes on to explain (in a very roundabout way I must admit) that Dank was fully entitled to order the drug, but I'm tipping you're some naïve 15 year old so I'll let you off.

So many ad hominems in this one post. In fact I'm going to call your post an ad Eminem for the amount of bullshit you threw out there.
So mastermind, Doc Larkins does not count?

Ignored this thread so far, probably should continue to do so.

But for the love of ******* christ, will people stop trying to disingenuously compare illicit drug issues with performance enhancing drug issues? If you do this it just shows you up to be a confused fool. They are completely separate issues that necessarily need to be handled in completely different ways.

Unfortunately it seems this is largely done by EFC supporters to deflect or fuel their own victimised outrage. Like Bomber once said, stop it. Stop it! All of you!
Reminds me of this:

Screen Shot 2015-07-17 at 11.12.17 am.png

Remove this Banner Ad

ABEFC hypocrisy once again rears its ugly head...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back