NO TROLLS Aboriginal names for AFL clubs

Do you like the idea of giving Aboriginal names to clubs?

• Yes

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • No

Votes: 104 57.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not ignorning the negative connotation, I’m pointing out that if you’re in the vast majority then the negative connotation is far less impactful. Calling “Australians” bogans has next to no impact cause we’re in on it and we control the extent of the imact. Your commentary on indigenous Australians in this context is hurtful and impactful. This isn’t a semantics argument. The minority/majority comment is important whether you want to recognize that or not.

The Voice and it’s mechanics were an example of politics at work. Yes it’s the representation of the people’s vote but the engagement of the people and the campaign of the No vote was some of the most politicized disingenuous shit we’ve ever seen in this country. The fact you think the voice vote isn’t a representation of politics is absolutely insane.
You don't even know what you're arguing. I engaged in a direct response to Aristotle Pickett talking about the voting in this threads poll, not the Voice. I have never mentioned the Voice.

Remove this Banner Ad

NO TROLLS Aboriginal names for AFL clubs

Back