'Acknowledgement of Country' in the workplace

Remove this Banner Ad

and in addition the flying of the aboriginal and TSI flags are divisive.....adding more that they want us to be united and the way to do it is to fly one flag (AUS).....and say it in a way that is caring by showing concern towards the aboriginals. but it seems insincere as the crux of the matter is to take away the two flags.
I don't think ever heard anyone say that apart from a few idiots back when the great Cathy Freeman did it for the first time.

A couple of people at my office (accounting firm) put up Union Jacks at their desk this week, and were ordered to take them down

It's the coolest flag ever why wouldn't anyone want to fly it.
It's a cool flag but I reckon it's got strong competition from Belize.

800px-Flag_of_Belize.svg.png

You've got 2 dudes with their shirts off, brandishing weapons while wearing karate pants. Sub Umbra Floreo means 'I flourish in the shade' so they're not in it for the attention. You've got a picture of a boat and even more weapons and it's the only flag in the world that is a cartoon and has people in/on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it appears that you didn't get a response or one that you were satisfied with, so wow, s**t's about to get real!
I genuinely don't understand where this has gone. I got no response but yours, which circled around as if I had asked you the original question and not the person who posted... ?

Where have we gotten off track?

Last edited:
I genuinely don't undertsand where this has gone. I got no response but yours, which circled around as if I had asked you the original question and not the person who posted... ?

Where have we gotten off track?

Ok I'll be honest, I used the "wow" flippantly, I wasn't sure what else to say. It's actually not really my argument anyway, i chipped in a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

'Acknowledgement of Country' in the workplace

Remove this Banner Ad

Back