Adam Mcphee

Remove this Banner Ad

He's a terrific footballer IMO, but I'd be wary of trading for a bloke no-one at his own club likes. Look what happened with Shane Harvey!

Archer...11... said:
If we go after McPhee.....my membership is going straight back to Arden St in pieces!
Haven't we learnt our lesson yet on recycled players??

The one we learned in 1975? The one we learned when we grabbed Blakey, Pike or Thompson?

Not commenting on the McPhee idea, but I just don't like to think we have a hard and fast rule about this. It always depends on player and price.

gokangas said:
Plus he was complicit in keeping Rawlings away from us in the deal with the Goggies - never forgive him for that.
We should love him for that.

We should bow to him every day and kiss his feet if what your saying is true.

We dodged a massive bullet with Rawlings, we had offered the world to Hawthorn for him.

Hearts to hearts said:
The one we learned in 1975? The one we learned when we grabbed Blakey, Pike or Thompson?

Not commenting on the McPhee idea, but I just don't like to think we have a hard and fast rule about this. It always depends on player and price.

My point is that the present team needs more youth and not players who have had one decent year in their careers at other clubs. I would hardly think that McPhee will be the catalyst to bring success to our club, and I would agree that we dont have a hard and fast rule about recycled players, but in the present environment, the club does not need to continue down this road of recruitment.

Lidge said:
If there's any club with a worse recent record than us or Freo at the trade table it's them. Just take a look at some of the recycled junk that they've signed the past few years:
Murphy, Allen, Camporeale, Heffernan etc

Trade table?

What on earth are you talking about?

Cant think of any trade in recent years where Sheedy has has given up anything decent for no return.

Possibly the Richie Cole trade last year could back fire but we'll see.

dave_27 said:
Trade table?

What on earth are you talking about?

Cant think of any trade in recent years where Sheedy has has given up anything decent for no return.

Possibly the Richie Cole trade last year could back fire but we'll see.

Do the names: Cole, Zantuck, Camporeale, Allen & Murphy mean anything to you?

Lidge said:

cupido appears to have been an inspired choice too

Adam had a great 2004 and a fantastic 2005,2006 was a bit of a crappy year for him.There is NO WAY Essendon will trade Mcphee! He is a great talent and we need him back up and firing in 2007......sorry guys!.....:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lidge said:

And do the words gave up nothing to obtain those players mean anything?

Look I dont want to get into a slagging match about Essendon on a North Melbourne board but clearly bar Cole Sheedy has lost nothing (except his marbles;)) to pick up those players so I dont know what you were getting at in regards to Essendon getting burnt at the trade table when quite clearly we havent.

dave_27 said:
And do the words gave up nothing to obtain those players mean anything?

Look I dont want to get into a slagging match about Essendon on a North Melbourne board but clearly bar Cole Sheedy has lost nothing (except his marbles;)) to pick up those players so I dont know what you were getting at in regards to Essendon getting burnt at the trade table when quite clearly we havent.

A place on a list is giving something up. ;) Anyway, my original piece was about Sheedy seemingly losing his marbles and losing his ability to spot talent and a penchant for recruiting more than hi fair share of hacks.

Not his trading record.

To be honest, I have never rated McPhee. He has had 1 good year where he basically played as a loose man in defence. He is just another player talked up by Sheeds. We dont need him at North. What we need is a Gumbleton or Hansen, and a couple of years development. In 3 years we will have 3 of the best ruckman going around, who can all go forward and take a mark. We will have 2 of the best ball carrying players in J.Smith an Wells (please start dominating)and Harro and Swallow doing the tough stuff in the middle. If the dish and our pick 3 can hold down KP in the backline we should be on our way. Please no more quick fixes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adam Mcphee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back