Player Watch Adam Oxley (Delisted 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oxley has been in the system 4 years and hasnt played a single decent game at senior level.
That's a separate argument TG. I am not saying he will be a good footballer. My comment was in reference to him being skinny.
You proposed that because he is skinny he can't be a good footballer. I was just pointing out that that does not preclude him from being a capable player.
I am not arguing that he will be a good footballer. Maybe he will maybe he won't. But let's not discount him solely on his build.

That's a separate argument TG. I am not saying he will be a good footballer. My comment was in reference to him being skinny.
You proposed that because he is skinny he can't be a good footballer. I was just pointing out that that does not preclude him from being a capable player.
I am not arguing that he will be a good footballer. Maybe he will maybe he won't. But let's not discount him solely on his build.
We have a lot of soft footballers on the list compared to Hawthorn, half the reason we smashed by them each season is because they psychically bully us. Seedsman Oxley Young Sinclair Thomas Fasolo, they get knocked off the ball and don't go hard enough and would be some of players Id have in the gun coming in to 2015. Too many aren't pychical enough at Collingwood right now.
The loss of Ball and Maxwell will hurt us big time in the physicality stakes.
If can think of some harder players in our team it would be Goldsack Cloke and Adams but they are few and far between.

We have a lot of soft footballers on the list compared to Hawthorn, half the reason we smashed by them each season is because they psychically bully us. Seedsman Oxley Young Sinclair Thomas Fasolo, they get knocked off the ball and don't go hard enough and would be some of players Id have in the gun coming in to 2015. Too many aren't pychical enough at Collingwood right now.
If can think of some harder players in our team it would be Goldsack Cloke and Adams but they are few and far between.
i think adams has ball covered easy and some

Fair enough argument. Some of the players you mention I think may surprise you. Namely Seedsman and Fas. To be honest I don't know enough about Oxley to make a judgement. The point I was trying to make was a player doesn't have to be big to be good. Yes it is an advantage and yes generally our game is more suitable to bigger bodied players but I will not write someone off due to their build.
I am not arguing that the Ox will be best 22. Like I said I know next to nothing about him. All I was trying to point out was that there are many players who are not big bodied who have made a successful career for themselves in AFL.

Ok so he's already 22. Not like he's a 19 year old like Ramsay. 4 more years of Ramsay and he will be streaks ahead of where Oxley is as a 22 year old.
I'll tip Ramsay to have 60 games under his belt by the time he is 22.
They're just 2 years and a few days apart in terms of age. Oxley - 01/11/1992 -- Ramsay - 20/11/1994. Both had their first season at Collingwood in 2013.

Why not do a bit of research before ranting like you do. I'm not convinced Oxley will make it, but after missing all of last season he deserves to be cut some slack.

I mentioned Adams. We had both in 2014.
but now he starts on the ground in balls place, we have levi as well so go on ............................. plus crisp is not soft

They're just 2 years and a few days apart in terms of age. Oxley - 01/11/1992 -- Ramsay - 20/11/1994. Both had their first season at Collingwood in 2013.

Why not do a bit of research before ranting like you do. I'm not convinced Oxley will make it, but after missing all of last season he deserves to be cut some slack.
Oxley I liked at VFL level, disappointing debut game in 2013 from memory, started as the sub and didn't do much. At 22 he would want to produce this season. Last chance imo after injury crippled him. Odds are against him making it has players are turned over quicker ever in the modern game.

Pencil it in. Mark it down. Make a note of it. Put it in the memory bank.
Adams is going to be a gun and a legend of the Collingwood football club.
In my first or second post on BF in the Welcome Thread I said that I could see Adams as being my fav player. I am sticking by this. I really think he is going to be something special.

but now he starts on the ground in balls place, we have levi as well so go on .............................
Started on the ground plenty of times in 2014. Thats why I mentioned him. Ball is a loss and that loss was noticed when he did his knee. Greenwood is a battler that goes in but not a match winner like Luke Ball. Ball had the football brain to spot up a player that was needed to keep possession when winning it out.

Started on the ground plenty of times in 2014. Thats why I mentioned him. Ball is a loss and that loss was noticed when he did his knee. Greenwood is a battler that goes in but not a match winner like Luke Ball. Ball had the football brain to spot up a player that was needed to keep possession when winning it out.
I don't no what footy you been watching the last two years but ball was not a match winner as he was cooked, your digging a hole tonight TG.
Ball is smart enough to be a dr from his vce scores being 98ish so he just a smart person.
I'm sure most players after 150 games can spot up a player good so you have nothing to worry about.
Adams and co will do a solid job and Levi is as hard as a goats head witch you will notice more cos he playing for us.
They will play good just for you TG, you just wait and see :)

Last edited:
Oxley I liked at VFL level, disappointing debut game in 2013 from memory, started as the sub and didn't do much. At 22 he would want to produce this season. Last chance imo after injury crippled him. Odds are against him making it has players are turned over quicker ever in the modern game.
All of that sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Yet he'd be fairly stiff to be given the flick at the end of the year if he doesn't do much, especially after 2014 was a "lost year" in terms of his development. The fact the club elevated him after his first year on the rookie list shows they think he has a fair amount of ability, so I'm hoping he gets to prove them right.

It's also reasonable to point out Oxley was merely pick 35 in a Rookie Draft, when comparing him with Ramsay who was pick 38 in a National Draft, so expectations should have been somewhat lower with Oxley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i guess you havent changed much ;) He is a maxy type and HBF player who can play up the ground, Lets see if bucks picks him to play.
The problem with maxy types is that it isn't really a type. Maxwell played it because he sort of had to, but with him gone no one else will take on that particular role.

Oxley needs to be able to beat his man and provide drive from half back. It is more of the langdon role. If he can't do that, he won't make the side, and at this point I think he is a little slow (with no major engine to compensate).

How about we see if he overcomes injury, plays a few VFL games and then decide whether he's good enough to get a run in the seniors.
Then at seasons end a list management decision will be made as to whether we retain him, (assuming he's un-contracted).

Difficult in sub role and certainly didnt set the world on fire. 6 disposals in a 1.5 quarters. Nice disposal and who could forget his first kick!

Jury is out and coming into his third year with other similar types recruited you would what him getting games and staying injury free, otherwise he may well get passed and delisted.

Does lack pace but LOTS to like. Pre-season photos he does look bigger too.

Difficult in sub role and certainly didnt set the world on fire. 6 disposals in a 1.5 quarters. Nice disposal and who could forget his first kick!

Jury is out and coming into his third year with other similar types recruited you would what him getting games and staying injury free, otherwise he may well get passed and delisted.

Does lack pace but LOTS to like. Pre-season photos he does look bigger too.

Next game statless and dropped. I don't seen him in the best 25 players at Collingwood and that's saying a lot. If I was ranking him he'd be around the 35 mark. Can he improve? Sure but time is running out and getting a game might prove hard in 2015.

4 disposals against the dogs and dropped yes. Needed to do more. Started as the sub again as far as I'm aware.

This is a very big year for the Ox. Given injuries last year we really need to see how he goes fully fit. By the end of the year he may be seen as a player for our future or be delisted. Time will tell but hope he gets on the park and has a chance to prove himself.

Very difficult to have a big impact when you start as sub in your debut game. From memory though, he did kick a lovely inside 50 pass to Swan (on his left foot too) which resulted in a goal. The kid has some sublime kicking skills.

Edit: Damn, Rob Millar beat me to it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Adam Oxley (Delisted 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back