Remove this Banner Ad

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Give the man a thread!

He's been working pretty hard for his opportunities this year - and was rewarded today.

31 touches including 10 inside 50's.

Only 2 tackles and 4 contested possessions so still some things to work on - but good on him for having his first really good game for the senior side.

Good signs as forward pressure and hard working, crumbing forwards are something we need more of.

I knew he had it in him, he just needed to be given the chances. Now he needs to back it up with another similar performance next week.

Give the man a thread!

He's been working pretty hard for his opportunities this year - and was rewarded today.

31 touches including 10 inside 50's.

Only 2 tackles and 4 contested possessions so still some things to work on - but good on him for having his first really good game for the senior side.

Good signs as forward pressure and hard working, crumbing forwards are something we need more of.
Good to see Bailey use more players through the midfield like Maric, Aussie and Bartram. We need as much depth as possible.

Good to see Bailey use more players through the midfield like Maric, Aussie and Bartram. We need as much depth as possible.

I thought the midfield rotations were the best part of yesterday, along with the implementation of a forward press and really good kick in zone. Oh and the tackling and the running...

Maric was excellent yesterday. His delivery into the forward 50 to our leading players is fantastic. He is a player who we need to try to find because we can rely on him to hit targets inside 50 where the pressure is at its highest.

After a great pre season Maric is now working up the ground much harder and is getting rewarded for his hard work.

Well done Maric, keep up the hard work and he will remain in our team.

31 touches? Surprised and don't remember him getting so much of the ball. Ineffective majorly but I'll give him a chance

What?!

Half our supporters are ****ing blind, I am sure of it, they must be sitting down below ground level with Bailey.

He had 10 inside 50's, he was the guy kicking it to leads most of the time... ugh.

What?!

Half our supporters are ****ing blind, I am sure of it, they must be sitting down below ground level with Bailey.

He had 10 inside 50's, he was the guy kicking it to leads most of the time... ugh.

Yep, I think they fail to realise that it is a little bit harder to deliver the ball into the forward 50 when there is much more pressure than just a kick up the wing to a loose man. Trapper was an excellent user of the ball but his efficiency wasn't always high because he was very aggressive with his kicks, it is much easier to kick the ball sideways and maintain a high level of efficiency than it is to go into the forward 50 and hit a target.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no argument there, but someone said he was ineffective, i just checked and he had a 71% efficiency, that's considered pretty good

i got confused with moloney and sylvia having 81% efficiencies and trenners having 79%

Played well yesterday but. . . . he's a downhill skier, no surprise really that when the whole team fired he played well. Honestly, probably the most unimpressive 31 possie game i have seen. Im still far from convinced.

For once I will actually agree with you. Still needs to prove he can do it in close games and on a regular basis

31 touches? Surprised and don't remember him getting so much of the ball. Ineffective majorly but I'll give him a chance

Did you even watch the game???

Maric was amongst our best. Used the ball very well through the midfield. Spread well at the right times as well creating space.

As far as contested footy goes, it's not his style. Yes, he probably needs to do more in this aspect of his game, but we need him doing exactly what he did on Sunday! Get in some space and deliver the ball into the F50.

This was his breakout game, and surely Bailey will now play him for a lengthy time in the seniors now. He definitely has that Didak look about him. Dangerous small forward who can rotate through the middle if required....

Played well yesterday but. . . . he's a downhill skier, no surprise really that when the whole team fired he played well. Honestly, probably the most unimpressive 31 possie game i have seen. Im still far from convinced.

Very fair that you are still worried he is a bit of a front runner. Like I said, I also want to see his tackle and contested possession count increase.

But he did all he could this week - a few more games like that and he'll be on our list next year.

Did you even watch the game???

Maric was amongst our best. Used the ball very well through the midfield. Spread well at the right times as well creating space.

As far as contested footy goes, it's not his style. Yes, he probably needs to do more in this aspect of his game, but we need him doing exactly what he did on Sunday! Get in some space and deliver the ball into the F50.

This was his breakout game, and surely Bailey will now play him for a lengthy time in the seniors now. He definitely has that Didak look about him. Dangerous small forward who can rotate through the middle if required....

This.

Well analysed, good post.

I agree with most of the posts

- Definitely a good game
- Creative and aggressive with disposals
- Downhill skiier
- Not creative or aggressive with defensive pressure
- Unpredictable
- Should be given an extended run in the seniors

I also thought I saw the hint of a tiny smile from Maric as he walked up the player's race post-match. May have been a scowl. I was on the second tier. Hard to tell.

It was a while ago but I seem to remember Maric, in his first season and still in year 12, being one of our only players that stood up when we got hammered by Geelong in that disgusting Friday night game back in 2008.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Addam Maric

Remove this Banner Ad

Back