Adopted team during Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

If not the Eagles...

Fremantle (whilst it would damage our relative superiority to our little brothers, the Sandgroper in me wants to see Victorian tears).
Bulldogs (their resurgence from nowhere reminds me of us, they play exciting football, and they have not tasted a premiership in a long time).
Adelaide (fellow non-Victorian team, also plays exciting football, have been brave in the face of tragedy, and I generally like them).

After that, begrudgingly...

North Melbourne (a battler side, that grind out games and make the most out of their players and resources, but the coach is a twat).
Richmond (a few arrogant toss bags in this team that puts me off, though I think the fiercely loyal Tiger fans deserve some success).
Sydney (if they did not so brazenly poach Franklin and Tippet, the old rivals would be high up on my list, they also recently held the cup).
Hawthorn (while they would thoroughly deserve to win a third premiership, nobody barracks for the favourite in Australia, always the underdogs, plus a few characters and incidents have put me off).

Most WC fans don't give a toss about Richmond. You guys are the ones mocking us every single day on your board

#obsessed
Do we? As most of us live in Melbourne I only know a couple of eagle fans and as such would rather see you guys win a flag then most Melbourne teams.
It's funny this whole thing where people think that Victorians want to see another Victorian team win the flag if their own team doesn't, never felt that way myself. I don't mind seeing teams like the dees, saints or dogs do ok as they haven't had much success however give me an interstate flag(except Sydney) over most other Victorian teams any day.

The Bulldogs have always been my second favourite team so to speak, having grown up on that side of Melbourne. They play an exciting brand of football that is good for the game and I respect the direction they have taken the past few years developing a young group from the ground up.

I'd also like to see Richmond do well provided they can get through week one of the finals. They're a team with the capability to beat anyone and cause some issues for those clubs ahead of them expected to do well, which you want as a spectator come finals. It's good for football having them and their supporters up and about at this time of year. That being said, the sadistic side of me dictates that it would give me as much pleasure seeing them lose this week to North Melbourne for no other reason than to see the falling out following another failed finals campaign.

Do we? As most of us live in Melbourne I only know a couple of eagle fans and as such would rather see you guys win a flag then most Melbourne teams.
It's funny this whole thing where people think that Victorians want to see another Victorian team win the flag if their own team doesn't, never felt that way myself. I don't mind seeing teams like the dees, saints or dogs do ok as they haven't had much success however give me an interstate flag(except Sydney) over most other Victorian teams any day.

To be honest, I suspect the majority of Eagles supporters dont mind the Tigers as a club. The only animosity towards Richmond is probably directed to Vickery and what I believe to be a VERY vocal tigers' fans minority.
There really isnt much of a reason to hate Richmond as a club. Fanbases, however...

Just wanted to know which team if any, fans whose teams are not in the finals will follow during September?

Obviously some teams like the dogs and crows will have a lot of sentimental support while others(hawthorn, sydney) won't have much.

So which team do you want to see do well in september?

Freo - Never won a flag
West Coast - Have battled injuries and come from outside the 8 to be a challenger
Richmond - Haven't won a flag since 1980 and the tiger army under 40 have seen very little success.
Bulldogs - Haven't won a flag since their one and only in 1954 and have come from a predicted bottom 4 position to be the story of the season.
Crows - Tragic circumstances this year and are playing sensational footy at the right time of year.

As the Suns are out, I will be supporting the Eagles but, I really would like to see an Eagles v Dockers Grand Final. I like the Bulldogs as well and, love Eddie Betts so the Crows doing well would be fine too.

1.Bulldogs - Have an unhealthy fixation on Stringer.

2.Richmond - Love having a few bevriges and belting out there song.

3.Adelaide - Love and hate Dangerfield.

Dogs: love the west.
Crows: they excite me.
Swans: Any team and club that most people dislike deserve my support. The more they succeed, the louder the opposition bleats. Go Bloods, stick it up em.
I'm neutral on everyone else. Just like watching good close competitive games, that usually keeps me very very happy.

Must admit with this being last month of the sub in football it would excite me to see it used for a positive step of North easing back the highly skilled Daniel Wells in a finals series. To see him used from sub would add an extra element of excitement to follow North in this finals series. He has played limited time in VFL then had a few injuries. With VFL games over for him I think why not use him as a sub for North. 20 minutes impact of him could do wonders especially when he expectation must have been not to play at all. Full games are out of the question but 25% game time, 40% game time and 60% game is possible if they use him wisely from week to week. If North beat Richmond fair chance to play Swans in Sydney not at full strength. Then if they win that they play an Eagles side with only McGovern as a true key defender against Petrie, Brown and Waite. Even in Perth I would give North half a chance to beat them should they get the ball inside 50 often and quick enough. I like the fact if they do go deep into finals series they gave half their team a good rest before it. Going to watch on with a lot of interest how they go.
I doubt Wells will play but if he does, I am adopting North for the month.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was on the Hawks last year and hope they win it again this year

All you pies should be like this man, remember adjust the tv to black and white, turn down the sound, smear the screen with a thin veneer of butter, suspend reality and the magpies are in the finals.

All you pies should be like this man, remember adjust the tv to black and white, turn down the sound, smear the screen with a thin veneer of butter, suspend reality and the magpies are in the finals.

Sounds like a lot of work

If Adelaide make a grand final the commentary would be ******* unbearable wrt to the Walsh incident, so I'd rather they didn't make it.

Richmond, Bulldogs and North have tonnes of flog supporters on Bigfooty so I want them to get reamed, even though close friends support them.

**** Sydney just because.

Ross Lyon I really like, but I also really don't like him, so they can get stuffed as well.

I don't know whose left, but either of them.

Glad you're not my mate, honestly.

Surely you'd rather see people you're close to happy, rather than worrying about people on an online forum that you'll never meet?

I'm an Eagles fan this finals series. I'm going along to Subi on Friday to cheer then on with my Eagles-mad other half.

Wouldn't mind a Freo flag either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adopted team during Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back