Footy Dept. Adrian Dodoro - Leaving EFC. #putoutyourjackets

Remove this Banner Ad

Cliff notes:
  • Stepping back from his current senior role following the 2023 AFL Draft
  • Transition plan, raised the possibility with Vozzo in April
  • Replacement is Matt Rosa, whose thread is here: Welcome to Essendon Matthew Rosa – AFL Talent & Operations Manager!
Full text from media release said:
To coincide with this announcement, the Club’s General Manager of List and Recruiting, Adrian Dodoro, has made the decision to take a step back from his current senior role following this year’s NAB AFL National Draft. He will lead the Club through the upcoming 2023 Trade and Draft period in his current position prior to transitioning to and assisting Matt Rosa moving forward.
Dodoro, an Essendon Life Member, has played a significant role at the Bombers over nearly three decades and said the time was right to take a step back.
“I approached Craig back in April to discuss the concept of transition and I feel that now is the right time to make this decision,” Dodoro said.
"I sat on the panel to assist in the selection of Matt, and I believe he will be an outstanding acquisition to the Club for years to come. I look forward to working with Matt moving forward.
“These roles are very taxing on individuals and their families and it just feels like that. After nearly three decades and with stability in key roles at the Club, now is the right time for me to take a step back in to a role which will provide me and my family with a better work life balance.
“More immediately, we have an important few months coming up and I’m looking forward to playing my part to deliver a strong Trade and Draft period for the Club to ensure that the playing list is in a strong position for the future.”
Essendon CEO Craig Vozzo acknowledged the significant impact Dodoro has made at the Club since joining in a full-time role in 1998.
“Adrian is a highly respected Life Member of the Essendon Football Club and has made an enormous contribution to the Club and the wider AFL industry during his time in football, including assisting to navigate the Club through unprecedented and challenging periods,” Vozzo said.
“Throughout his time at the Bombers, Adrian’s commitment and passion to take the Club forward in its list management and recruiting, has been unquestionable. Some of the Champions of Essendon have been identified and selected by Adrian, and we will always be grateful for the important and enduring role he has played.
“On behalf of the entire Club, we would like to acknowledge Adrian’s selfless decision and we look forward to his ongoing contribution to the Club.
“Adrian will work with Matt to ensure a smooth hand-over and a successful transition of responsibilities.”

Last edited:

Oh No Omg GIF by Apple TV+

"It depends on what Adrian wants to do ... "

My god ...

This will simply never end.

Pathetic from Barham and additionally from Lloyd because McClure is calling out his mate.

I don't recall the exact number of years, but give or take since moving Dodoro into the role that he's really really good at:

Wright - 4 year extension
Perkins - 2 year extension early in the year
Menzie - 1 year before the end of the season
McGrath - 6 years
Parish - 6 years

Yikes. Just yikes.

The only good contact he's done is Durham for 4 years before he broke out as a mid.

Fully expecting some stupid shit like 3 years for Stringer the Tuesday after we're 100% knocked out of the finals race.

If Stringer doesn't want to play for rolling one year contracts than trade him out.

People often mention things like dodo “loves the club” as a way to praise onto dodo. Unfortunately in his case it is more likely to be a liability.

We have overvalued our average players for a long time and struggle at to view them relative to talent that exists outside the club. I would much rather someone who doesn’t “love the club” but who instead can be objective when they need to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People often mention things like dodo “loves the club” as a way to praise onto dodo. Unfortunately in his case it is more likely to be a liability.

We have overvalued our average players for a long time and struggle at to view them relative to talent that exists outside the club. I would much rather someone who doesn’t “love the club” but who instead can be objective when they need to be.
Nowhere near as much as he loves himself and his persona/standing at essendon.

If you really love something sometimes you show that by letting it go and leaving.

Dodo leaving is our only hope as our president just confirmed we won't make that call for him.

Dodo is so good at contracts he writes his own terms. We are in a performance industry, what Brabham said has been the single most embarrassing part of our season. I am not sure of a key performance role in elite Sport anywhere else taking that approach.

Craig mcrae and pies won a flag last year and still don't get to just wrote their own ticket haha.

Nobody does but dodo it seems. Club is a joke.

Last edited:

Guide to the Dodoro the 100 Year List Manager video game​

Just when you think he’s banished, he just … stays.​

Quest Guide - Solve multiple puzzles to remove Dodoro, the 100 year list manager.

• Defeat Grant X.
  • Get the cookies from the doghouse at Horace’s in Feasterra [requires Horace affinity #3].
  • Give the cookies to Karen during the day behind Robin’s house and you will get a key.
  • Use the key on the last door in the Glory Dungeon’s bathroom at night and get the lens extractor.
  • Use the lens extractor on the telescopes on the wall in Grant’s room, you will get a lens.
  • Use the lens on the telescope in Ghart’s house at night to find the secret location.
  • Open the main Helgem Earth map and travel at night
  • Interact with the sword, capture the sword
  • Wake dodoro the list manager.
  • Try to banish Dodoro the list manger with the sword
  • Reset, you failed. Again.

A lot of people prepared to die on Dodoro hill.. for some reason

And these are just normal fans who haven't profited millions from Dodo like the current board.

He's going to be at Essendon as long as he wants.

If he didn't disappear like Houdini after every loss he would probably be our next coach.

The guy needs to leave, or Vozzo needs to show some gumption and tell him to heck off. No one in their right mind would survive in corporate based on performance and failure over the past 20 years, no one.

The crap around development and stability, is only a small element. Can't blame list management on that.

Give Rosa clear fresh air (how in the hell can he operate with Adrian's shadow over him?). Adrian if you are reading this and you really love the club than please leave immediately. Thank you.

Guide to the Dodoro the 100 Year List Manager video game​

Just when you think he’s banished, he just … stays.​

Quest Guide - Solve multiple puzzles to remove Dodoro, the 100 year list manager.

• Defeat Grant X.
  • Get the cookies from the doghouse at Horace’s in Feasterra [requires Horace affinity #3].
  • Give the cookies to Karen during the day behind Robin’s house and you will get a key.
  • Use the key on the last door in the Glory Dungeon’s bathroom at night and get the lens extractor.
  • Use the lens extractor on the telescopes on the wall in Grant’s room, you will get a lens.
  • Use the lens on the telescope in Ghart’s house at night to find the secret location.
  • Open the main Helgem Earth map and travel at night
  • Interact with the sword, capture the sword
  • Wake dodoro the list manager.
  • Try to banish Dodoro the list manger with the sword
  • Reset, you failed. Again.

I couldn't even get past Horace's dog house, Karen won't even talk to me, she's busy complaining to the manager at Bunnings about something

Because you made it after we had a shite loss. When we have these kinds of losses the bigfooty protocol is to blame dodo and sheedy
First, I’ve been a critic of dodo and the club for well over a decade and have been calling for change in this area for at least that long. This wasn’t just an emotional post after a loss which you could have found out if you did a bit of basic research by reading through this thread.

Second, given our record over the last 2.5 decades it is completely fair enough that supporters are frustrated at dodo and his history of underperformance. It is the only area of the club that has not seen change despite every other area having some turnover. If you don’t like reading criticisms of dodo it’s probably best to avoid this thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy Dept. Adrian Dodoro - Leaving EFC. #putoutyourjackets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back