Qantas Club Lounge
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Washington Generals
is this the same McAdam???

Clarke to captain
June 6, 2003

AUSTRALIAN one-day cricket players Michael Clarke and Nathan Hauritz will be included in the Chief Minister's XI to play Bangladesh in Darwin next month.

The four-day match, to be played from July 10-13, will be the lead-up fixture to the historic first Test between Australia and Bangladesh in Darwin.

There are 10 players from the Northern Territory named in the team alongside the two rising stars.

Bangladesh arrives in Australia later this month and will also play a lead-up match against a Queensland Academy XI.

The Chief Minister's XI is: Michael Clarke (captain), Darren Treumer (vice-captain), Terry Bayly, Nick Berry, Anthony Dent, Mark Hatton, Brad Hatton, Nathan Hauritz, Tim Knox, Adrian McAdam, Ian Redpath, Ken Skewes, Ken Vowles, Ashley Williams.

Originally posted by jonty12
Geez, based on his AFL form he'll smash a century, take 5 wickets and then disappear...

Don't laugh, it COULD happen...

Not sure if is the same Adrian McAdam that played for North, but the NT Cricket Association's website stats page showd that he took 37 wickets @ 11.62 in the Alice Springs comp, and came third in the comp for aggreagate runs, averaging 35 along the way.

He'd only be in his late 20's wouldn't he? I'm pretty sure he was 19 when he burst on to the scene in '93.

Mind you, he probably looks like he's in his late 50's judging by how old his head looked even back then!

Gee, what a waste of talent! In 1993-94, how exciting was he to watch?!?! Rumor has it, he was a huge mullhead, and shortly after he joined C'wood, Tony Shaw went around his place to check in on him, and caught him in the act.

But not like we got great value out of that swap -- I think we got Brad Plain if I'm not mistaken. How many senior appearances did he make?

Originally posted by nyfooty
Gee, what a waste of talent! In 1993-94, how exciting was he to watch?!?! Rumor has it, he was a huge mullhead, and shortly after he joined C'wood, Tony Shaw went around his place to check in on him, and caught him in the act.

But not like we got great value out of that swap -- I think we got Brad Plain if I'm not mistaken. How many senior appearances did he make?

Plain played one game for us, McAdam played none for Collingwood. Nil-all draw.

I remember watching a story about Adrian on a sports show at he time. He was practicing his skills and dobbing shots into garbage bins from 40 metres - and regularly.

Speaking of huge mullheads from the Kangaroos. Do any of you Roos supporters remembre Damian Murray? Played in the early 90s. Very tall ruckman. Funny, funny character.

I didn't think McAdam even turned up at Collingwood. Wasn't he out of the place by the time the real season started and went to the NT? I might be wrong and he might have played in the Collingwood reserves - but based on his performance in our twos I hope not!

It was an ongoing joke in my household that he would run away from the contest. I've never seen a footballer so scared of being cleaned up in a marking duel. Maybe I'm a bit harsh, because he had obvious talent to kick 50 goals in almost record time (9 matches?).

Remove this Banner Ad

Adrian McAdam

Remove this Banner Ad

Back