Afl 2005 Xbox

Remove this Banner Ad

go team said:
yep. didn't explain anything.

why would they make a game nobody would buy?
:rolleyes:

If there were valid reasons why a game did not sell, which in this instance may be lack of innovation and feature improvements, the developer will address these issues in the next release.

If the game sells strongly no matter what tripe is produced, there is no reason to innovate. The developers simply make small, risk free improvements (ie cheap) and continue making money. They will only implement to what gamers really want if the success of their product depends on it.

Its called business. By buying a game regardless of its quality you are rewarding mediocrity.

Why do you think Internet Explorer wasn't updated for so many years? Now with Firefox taking some of their market Microsoft have announced IE 7. Coincidence?

I don't think the developers can afford to throw money around like that. The Video gaming industry is extremely competitive. The only reason why we have an AFL game to play, is because it's the only product of its kind on the market - which brings with it a guaranteed audience, and thus guaranteed sales. Take away the audience, and what possible reason would one have for investing money on a project with such limited appeal?

"Why don't they just develop a better quality game to try and win back gamers?" you ask.

Why risk the investment in the first place - they can just as easily find another guaranteed success with wider appeal.

thegezman said:
ordered it? from where?

how can you order a game that doesn't exist yet?

sure you can pre order, but the game doesn't even have a publisher for xbox yet? so how can you order? it hasn't been confirmed that it will even come out on xbox, so i cant see how you could have ordered it for xbox.

i doubt you could even order it for playstation yet, as their is no official relaease date as yet. unless i've missed something maybe?

so how much were you charged for a game that doesnt exist yet?
it is coming out on xbox, http://www.xboxworld.com.au/previews/preview.php?idPreview=529
you can read about it on this link

That link is from when Acclaim were still the publishers, and it was still called AFL Live 2005.
Sony are now publishing the game, it's been renamed to AFL 2006, and all bets are off.

when is the new AFL game and rugby league game due out?

apparantly Acclaim the company that made the AFL games went bust so maybe the game wont come out ever again :confused:

Re: when is the new AFL game and rugby league game due out?

music_2000 said:
apparantly Acclaim the company that made the AFL games went bust so maybe the game wont come out ever again :confused:

There are four threads on the next AFL game on the front page of this board.

scroll through this board and im sure you will find something on this

music_2000 said:

Rugby 2005 is already out. I have it. And where have you been lately? There are threads everywhere on AFL 2006 and it is coming out on PS2, XBOX and PC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sante said:
Rugby 2005 is already out. I have it. And where have you been lately? There are threads everywhere on AFL 2006 and it is coming out on PS2, XBOX and PC

nope. ps2 exclusive at this stage.

Rugby League is going to be ps2 exclusive. Rugby 2005 is not the new Rugby league game and is available on all platforms.

Vaughan Pitt said:
Now a PS2 exclusive, and called AFL Live 2006. Coming this winter! Has online play mooted and some sort of Eyetoy functionality (methinks a virtual handball comp is likely. Move the target!)
yes ive been wondering if they were going to release a PS2 gome of AFL and looks like they will. it even says he eyetoy can be used how sick is this game going to be.

cant wait.

Last time I checked it was due mid April.... I guess thats what happens when you dont keep up to date with things.
Are they going to have a trade period? Is there anywhere I can find all the new features and stuff?

sante said:
Well i have it and so does my friend so you're wrong

nope you're wrong. i've read in multiple places its a ps2 exclusive...
maybe xbox will get it a year or so later.

Abaddon said:
nope you're wrong. i've read in multiple places its a ps2 exclusive...
maybe xbox will get it a year or so later.

I think you 2 are getting your games mixed up. Im pretty sure Sante is talking about Rugby and you are talking about AFL.

Of course I could be an idiot and be wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Afl 2005 Xbox

Remove this Banner Ad

Back