Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 17 - Saints v Freo Sat July 9th 7:25pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

16F8CC80-5AFC-4310-92AE-6B50DCD8D5A4.png
9TH V 4TH

AFL 2022 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 17
ST KILDA V FREMANTLE
SATURDAY JULY 9TH 7:25PM EST (MARVEL)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE 2022 BIGFOOTY OFFICIAL TIPPING COMP!

C4C09479-AA41-4EFA-A0A9-D0A4F59D5D60.png
TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place
➡️ Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

TEAMS

SAINTS

B: Battle, Joyce, Wilkie
HB: Sinclair, Highmore, Webster
C: Hill, Ross, Billings
HF: Crouch, Membrey, Jones
F: Higgins, King, Marshall
FOLL: Ryder, Steele, Gresham

I/C: Wanganeen-Milera, Windhager, Wood, Butler
EMG: Long, Byrnes, Lienert, Sharman

IN: Joyce
OUT: Howard, Clark (both injured)

DOCKERS
B: Aish, Pearce, Young
HB: Cox, Ryan, Walker
C: Clark, Brayshaw, Hughes
HF: Schultz, Fyfe, Logue
F: Taberner, Lobb, Walters
FOLL: Darcy, Brodie, Serong

I/C: Mundy, Frederick, Colyer, Wilson
EMG: Banfield, Crowden, Meek, Henry

IN: Nil
OUT: Banfield (sub)

⬇️ Links to the Club Board tipping comps ⬇️

Last edited:

Each time one of these teams and fans get cockahoop, they lose. And sometimes lose appallingly.

Saints by 8 goals.

Will this be the Ross Lyon cup or Brad Hill cup maybe Blake Acres cup?
A lot of history between these two clubs, Is this St Kildas best rivalry in the AFL?

Zac Dawson Cup. Aye Freomaniac!?

I’d say our best rivalry would be with WB tho.
Zac Dawson is already a legend at the Hawks, saints and freo as a saints player. Now he is creating his legacy at Carlton as a next generation academy coach, teaching the next batch of kids how to kick..... Good on him lol

Brad Hill also played for the hawks then freo now at the saints

Will this be the Ross Lyon cup or Brad Hill cup maybe Blake Acres cup?
A lot of history between these two clubs, Is this St Kildas best rivalry in the AFL?
Dale kickett, matt Carr, Scott Watters, heath Black, Brett Peake, craig Callahan......

Yep.... So many people have served dockers and saints in various parts on their career

Clearly it's the Peter Carey Cup. It's only fitting that it be named after an umpire for this matchup. Maybe when the siren sounds the crowd can whisper the names of the umpires for the match. Or would this inflate their egos more? 🙃

Definitely some good history, but mostly a while ago now.

Ross left St Kilda and Freo some time ago, the fans have had mixed reactions on Brad Hill - he was good at Freo and was a whipping boy at St Kilda until this season, Blake Acres was possibly a whipping boy at both clubs (not sure at St Kilda), and has come good this season at Freo. So I'm not seeing a lot of anger / angst there - most Freo fans were happy to see Brad Hill not be successful, as we thought he left us in the lurch, and are happy to see Blake Acres succeed this year to make up for it - most if not all think Acres is having a better season than Hill ever did at Freo.

There was definitely a bit of a rivalry going around in the 2005, 2006 seasons with the "whispers in the sky" and "sirengate" sagas. Both teams have definitely not achieved what they have wanted in terms of premierships and are in the mix perhaps over the next year or two - so maybe it may be rekindled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross left St Kilda and Freo some time ago, the fans have had mixed reactions on Brad Hill - he was good at Freo and was a whipping boy at St Kilda until this season, Blake Acres was possibly a whipping boy at both clubs (not sure at St Kilda), and has come good this season at Freo. So I'm not seeing a lot of anger / angst there - most Freo fans were happy to see Brad Hill not be successful, as we thought he left us in the lurch, and are happy to see Blake Acres succeed this year to make up for it - most if not all think Acres is having a better season than Hill ever did at Freo.

There was definitely a bit of a rivalry going around in the 2005, 2006 seasons with the "whispers in the sky" and "sirengate" sagas. Both teams have definitely not achieved what they have wanted in terms of premierships and are in the mix perhaps over the next year or two - so maybe it may be rekindled.

We've had some odd games that's for sure but there isn't much rivalry. I like Freo, certainly more than I like West Coast. They're doing really well this season and have a great core of young players. I hope we get up given it's in Melbourne and we need the win but I'm not super confident.

Ah sirengate screw job. It was the AFL equivalent of the Montreal incident.

Byron Schammer. I remember when he was a young gun at freo

Going tonight, back in country after a long while, first game I'll have been at since 1991 GF.

I look forward to experiencing the whole evening, good and bad. Hope it's a contest, and the PA bloke doesn't misbehave.

Max king 👑 is a very dangerous forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 17 - Saints v Freo Sat July 9th 7:25pm EST (Marvel)

Back