Autopsy AFL 2023 Second Preliminary Final - Lions v Blues Sat Sept 23rd 5:15pm EST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 57 23.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 47 19.0%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 111 44.8%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Charlie Curnow is going to have to adapt his game from the H&A to finals, he was very ordinary this series.
Think our midfield and half forwards are going to have to learn to lower their eyes instead of launching the ball into orbit and expecting him to take 6 hangers a game.

He was given some seriously putrid stuff all finals long, we just managed to scrap and claw our way past that.

lots of 'we did really well to get there' on here and in the media

I really hope Vozzy, behind doors, is saying - Terry Wallace style - 'I'll spew' if any player is patting themselves on the back.

The effort after 1Q-time was pretty poor.
They clearly ran out of legs - you could see it at the ground - their spread was too much for us - we just couldn’t handle their sustained pressure.

Voss was very clear in his message.

No excuses - lots of pain & clearly new ways to improve.

We all can't get an helping hand to a prelim from the umpires. But hey at least you have a young team and this opportunity isn't slipping through your fingers.
Having the most favourable free kick differential in the league not enough of a helping hand for you?

They clearly ran out of legs - you could see it at the ground - their spread was too much for us - we just couldn’t handle their sustained pressure.

Voss was very clear in his message.

No excuses - lots of pain & clearly new ways to improve.
good to hear, I expected that would be the case within the club.

I don't rate either team. Melb beat them both. lost to pies with bad goal kicking.
You lost to the Pies because in your 69 I50 you wasted 39 as indiscriminate high balls. So your appalling skills and game plan were the reason you failed.

But don’t worry I think you’re favourites in the “Expected Score” GF.

We were 4-8 and bottom 4 a couple of months ago, club clearly turned a corner to get all the way to a preliminary final from there.

The challenge now is to build from that and finish top 4 and get to finals in better shape next year, calling this a reality check is delusional at best.
Be careful - this is sounding like another “green shoots”, story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The blues fans were absolutely incredible tonight. Felt like an away game in that first quarter. So much louder than any other opposition fan base that has come to the Gabba in the last 5 years.

You aren’t wrong, but after having nothing to celebrate who can blame us

Full credit to the Lions and Pies. Best two teams all year and deservedly play in the biggest game of all next week.

Great finals series too, with Carlton and Collingwood fighting tight wins, the Giants and Carlton coming from the abyss to play in a prelim and the Lions playing 7 beautiful quarters of football of the 8 they’ve played so far.
This “abyss” narrative is laughable.
Carlton we’re picked to make the 8 by most pundits.
So all you effectively did was slightly exceed expectations.

Shame he didn’t get to kick 6.0 against the other grand finalist tonight like he did last time he played them.

Worst Coleman winner ever.. wow. That’s pretty obtuse. I mean, he’s definitely not the worst Coleman medal winning player who played for Carlton tonight let alone ever.

Anyway, good luck to both sides nexts week.
If the pies are a little smarter than we were they will put some physical pressure on Kinney.
6.0 with 4 from free kicks. Maybe he needed more help from the Umps!

6.0 with 4 from free kicks. Maybe he needed more help from the Umps!
Yeah that’s probs it. If not for the umps he’d be lucky to kick a goal in the vafa 🤦🏽‍♂️

It’s almost as dumb an argument as Diacos only gets kicks cause of kick ins 🫠

Or maybe, just maybe they are both really good players.

Back