+ In finals, they've only matched up in Prelims

Grand Final
TBA
Unknown.png Unknown.png
SYD/PA VS. GEEL/BRIS

And so it begins...

1725516472701.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hawthorn may be in clash/legends jumper tomorrow night, potentially hinting it on Insta

That would be ridiculous. Hawthorn have worn that jumper against the dogs before, but it adds to a clash that was never there with their gold based traditional guernsey. Why would they go away from their original design?

That would be ridiculous. Hawthorn have worn that jumper against the dogs before, but it adds to a clash that was never there with their gold based traditional guernsey. Why would they go away from their original design?
I agree, I am praying they wear home/white shorts because it just is right. The legends guernsey does look nice but not for a dogs, finals game at the MCG.

Current tally of teams to use the current AFL grand final logo..

Port: 2
Brisbane: 2
Sydney: 6
West coast: 4
Geelong: 6
Hawthorn: 5
Stkilda: 2
Collingwood: 4
Fremantle: 1
Western Bulldogs: 2
Richmond: 3
Adelaide: 1
GWS: 1
Melbourne: 1

2010 was counted 1 for each team.
Could Sydney and Geelong stretch that gap?

Yet to use. GC, ESS, CARL, NORF

GWS v Brisbane Semi is gonna be an interesting look.

Either its GWS Home vs Bears White shorts... Brisbane have no solid solution in this match up.
Or the Giants wear NS, the genesis of this jumper was to slickly resolve irritating clashes. Here is another opportunity to do so.
* The only time NS was unnecessarily used was in a 2021 Semi vs Geelong.
IMG_5550.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I liked how the NS jumper became an inadvertent finals jumper in 2021, id be happy for them to do the same again this year.
As a GWS fan, I'm fully here for wearing the jumper next week and the next few weeks. Just the problem is we lost in the Jumper on the weekend, and I still feel it's specialty is for Derbies rather then a Finals jumper. Run the Home this week and let Brisbane sort out an optimal clash jumper (as they should).

As they should of course.
I guess the Bears is the best option?
Maybe Fitzroy with the blue against orange? I dunno

Earlier in the season Brisbane wore white which provided great contrast, but it was a special ANZAC jumper so won’t happen again

None of the options are very appealing, but either of them will be fine

Saturday should be GWS in regular home jumper and charcoal shorts and us in our regular home jumper, not arsed if we wear white or maroon shorts.

Knowing the AFL though I'm expecting them to put is in the bears clash.

I'm really hoping the Grand Final isn't GWS v Hawthorn because you know there will be a needlessly unnecessary jumper clash.

Giants might opt for the Never Surrender in this scenario, it's not like their home jumper holds any great tradition or history.
I really hope that eventuates should that matchup occur, their never surrender jumper looks much better than their regular home jumper and looks more timeless. But they didn't wear it when they played Hawthorn in Tasmania for some stupid reason. GWS v Hawthorn is a hard watch nowadays because they both have jumpers that would solve clashes against each other but don't wear it for some stupid reason.

I really hope that eventuates should that matchup occur, their never surrender jumper looks much better than their regular home jumper and looks more timeless. But they didn't wear it when they played Hawthorn in Tasmania for some stupid reason. GWS v Hawthorn is a hard watch nowadays because they both have jumpers that would solve clashes against each other but don't wear it for some stupid reason.
Probs didnt want to pair NS with white shorts v Hawks

Giants might opt for the Never Surrender in this scenario, it's not like their home jumper holds any great tradition or history.
History starts somewhere. I think if they're serious about the home jumper, there's no way they would consider the NS if they had the choice.

History starts somewhere. I think if they're serious about the home jumper, there's no way they would consider the NS if they had the choice.
CEO Dave Matthews was quizzed on their home jumper in the pre season either 2023 or 24, cant remember.

He was adamant GWS's home jumper would have an orange back/base and they love it that way....

Bit of strong support there.

CEO Dave Matthews was quizzed on their home jumper in the pre season either 2023 or 24, cant remember.

He was adamant GWS's home jumper would have an orange back/base and they love it that way....

Bit of strong support there.
Then wear orange shorts if they are adamant on the orange back/base.

A charcoal back would fix so many issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion AFL 2024 Finals Series: Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back