Discussion AFL 2024 Finals Series: Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Then wear orange shorts if they are adamant on the orange back/base.

A charcoal back would fix so many issues.
He might have mention charcoal shorts too, he wasnt budging. Cant find the quote atm.

It is the job of the away team to fix, its same old discussion- the league need to mandate a 3rd kit that works for any occasion

If the Lions social media graphic is anything to go by, we are in for another ridiculously unnecessary clash tonight.

GWS home (mostly orange) v our home (mostly maroon) would have been a perfect jumper contrast.

GWS home (mostly orange) v our clash (mostly gold/yellow) is going to be a horrendous clash.

I'm hoping GWS are wearing the never surrender kit if we are stupidly wearing the gold jumper tonight (ONLY way it makes sense). But going by recent GWS v Hawthorn games, I doubt this is the case.

I don't know how the AFL can continue to **** up something so simple.

Screenshot_20240914-083028.png

imagerender

He might have mention charcoal shorts too, he wasnt budging. Cant find the quote atm.

It is the job of the away team to fix, its same old discussion- the league need to mandate a 3rd kit that works for any occasion
In principle yes, but shorts should match the top. Gws jumper doesn't. Gws basically has dark front light back.

I never agreed with the Eagles tripanel as it created clashes - front was 2/3 yellow and white - while back was dark.

Same reason I don't think anyone should ever wear white shorts v Kangas or Cats

Or red back jumpers, or crows clash. Front / back / short don't match

A charcoal back, orange numbers is great - and doesn't change the design at all

Last week the Brisbane Lions wore their traditional 'Brisbane Lions' jumper, tonight against GWS they are wearing their 'Brisbane Bears' style jumper and if they win tonight and play Geelong, presumably they will be wearing their 'Fitzroy' style jumper against the Cats while playing in Melbourne.

I wonder how many different jumpers a team has worn in a finals series, and if they make the Grand Final, which one they will wear then depending on whether they play the Swans or Port? With the Swans it would most likely be the Bears jumper to avoid a clash, but with Port there would be no jumper clash with any of the Lions' three jumpers.

I didn’t hate tonight’s matchup as much as I thought I would. It wasn’t great, but it’s no Carlton away to Collingwood. There still felt like a light/dark differential.
Yeah, I think GWS' orange and Brisbane's gold clash more in our heads because the gold has a fair bit of red in it but they're pretty different colours and they're both colours that stand out. I'd argue that it clashes less than navy vs royal blue or at least it's around the same level.

Looking ahead, Brisbane may wear all available jumper options in the finals series. Against brisbane it is likely they will be in the Fitzroy kit, and into the GF, against Port they would likely wear Home/White shorts and their is a likelyhood they'd do the same if they played swans. I don't think we've seen another team ever wear 5 different combos throughout a finals series, a bit crazy imo. Although after the win in the bears kit last night (it hurts), could we see the bears kit worn through to the GF?

A Geelong win makes it very simple. The cats will wear the iconic hoops paired with blue shorts if its against Sydney and white shorts if its against Port, with there opponent wearing their home jumper and coloured shorts. A Brisbane win makes it tricky. They wore their home jumper on Grand Final Day in 2023 with white shorts, but how confident are we that AFL stays consistent? Logic probably points to the away jumper against Port and the clash against Sydney, but who knows at this point? For a simplified Grand Final week, where we know what the teams will wear in the big game, all I'll say is: Go Cats!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Brisbane plays Sydney then Brisbane in home against Sydney in home with white shorts would make the most sense but Sydney havent worn that combo in what, like 20 years lol?

If it's Brisbane vs Port then I would have no issue in us in the white shorts and Brisbane in full maroon.
I'd like to see Port in prison bars and white shorts and us in home and maroon shorts. One can dream.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion AFL 2024 Finals Series: Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back