Discussion AFL 2024 Finals Series: Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Not surprised but still annoying. I would have loved to see us in our threepeat jumper on Saturday, especially when our home jumper doesn't clash with Geelong.

Geelong home team, 2008 prelim
imagerender

St Kilda home team, 2009 prelim
imagerender

Geelong home team, 2011 prelim
imagerender

Pies home team, 2011 prelim
imagerender

Why don't we have this policy* anymore?

*wasn't implemented with the perfect consistency needed to label it as such
Case in point hey!!

Yeah, which means Lions in Fitzroy kit

While not the worst matchup, there's no reason why Lions couldn't be in full maroon and Cats full white.
It's Cats home game thats the reason
Lions prefer Fitzroy kit in Melbourne, surprised they didn't wear it for last year GF

Lions prefer Fitzroy kit in Melbourne, surprised they didn't wear it for last year GF
That doesn't affect other matchups where the cats wear white shorts 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think a Grand Final is different.

The AFL clearly has no policy regarding this. Cats as home team vs almost every Vic club would be wearing white shorts.
FWIW, Geelong and Brisbane both in full home would not clash. Cats in white shorts would appeal the best visually.
AFL are clowns on the run.

The AFL clearly has no policy regarding this. Cats as home team vs almost every Vic club would be wearing white shorts.
FWIW, Geelong and Brisbane both in full home would not clash. Cats in white shorts would appeal the best visually.
AFL are clowns on the run.
When do Collingwood wear white shorts and kit at home?
I haven't seen it

Twice this season vs Essendon and Adelaide and several finals over the last 15 years. Not my point though. AFL has rules on the run. No policy, no consistency.
I haven't seen the old white kit for a home game
Anyway there is zero consistency or policy
Just mandate every team has a proper alternate kit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it was Geelong v Carlton today, Cats would be in white shorts.

Only reason they will be in navy today is Brisbane are wearing the Fitzroy red jumper which is only worn with white shorts.

However Geelong in home jumper and navy shorts versus Brisbane in red jumper and royal blue shorts would also be fine.

If it was Geelong v Carlton today, Cats would be in white shorts.

Only reason they will be in navy today as Brisbane are wearing the Fitzroy red jumper which is only worn with white shorts.

However Geelong in home jumper and navy shorts versus Brisbane in red jumper and royal blue shorts would also be fine.
Yes and herein lies the problem
Each club should have a seperate kit of a neutral or third colour that is worn if they clash with the HOME team

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion AFL 2024 Finals Series: Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back