Votes: 48 12.4%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 23 5.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 13 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be interesting to see how they go - if this small forward line is the thing that wins flags (lohman, Charlie, Bailey, Ah Chee) then we'll see how GWS and Carlton go with gun key forwards that regularly take marks - and if they become an antidote to this.

But yeh - they've done it the right way - slow rebuild, then a grand final disappointment, then a HUGE GF win after a tough finals series of close gritty wins.
The key is to have as many goalkicking options as possible.

Talls. Mid sized. Smalls.

It doesn't matter.

Carlton's problem is they have two primary options and not much else, and it's much harder for tall forwards to dominate in September when
1. They're generally playing on the best key backs, and
2. There's generally more pressure on the players who are sending the ball into the forward line.

Coleman deserves some 💕, was the teams best player in last years close loss does his ACL and has to watch from the sideline.

Add him to next years side and will be amazing to watch maybe even more freedom on the wing?
I'm assuming he takes his role back off zorks. But match committee will only get harder next season. As long as we stay fit that is.

Lol, there's one every year.

And people were asking why a Brisbane official was saying to each player to give the cap and shake hands...

Because of the bad look.

Having the kids give the medals is one of the few genuinely fantasic ideas the AFL has had. It probably was suggested by someone not employed by the AFL.

It doesn't matter.

Carlton's problem is they have two primary options and not much else, and it's much harder for tall forwards to dominate in September when
2. There's generally more pressure on the players who are sending the ball into the forward line.

Yep. The best teams are the ones who have options. You cant double team 6 genuine goal scorers of different sizes, shapes, strengths.

Hawks got better when Buddy left. Thankyou Longmire.

It doesn't matter.

Yep and our one smaller forward that kicked a decentish amount of goals (Owies) plays more like a medium/tall anyway, just lead and mark type of player. Very little crumbing threat down there.

Yep. The best teams are the ones who have options. You cant double team 6 genuine goal scorers of different sizes, shapes, strengths.

Hawks got better when Buddy left. Thankyou Longmire.
A big reason as to why your team has leapfrogged Carlton in the blink of an eye, and will do more damage in September going forward.

Lewis, Dear, Moore, Watson, Ginnivan with whoever else they throw in there (2024 it was Gunston and Breust).

He kicked it with confidence too. Shocked the hell out of me but was a genuinely brilliant goal.
The thing with the Lions in general is, besides maybe Cameron, they didn't show an ounce of stage fright. Just went all out and yes even guys like Hipwood suddenly looked dangerous.

The thing with the Lions in general is, besides maybe Cameron, they didn't show an ounce of stage fright. Just went all out and yes even guys like Hipwood suddenly looked dangerous.
I think you're being a bit harsh on Charlie.

Sure he missed some goals, but he set the tone early with two massive, crunching tackles in the first five minutes.

As good a team effort as I've seen from a premier in recent times.

And people were asking why a Brisbane official was saying to each player to give the cap and shake hands...

Because of the bad look.

Having the kids give the medals is one of the few genuinely fantasic ideas the AFL has had. It probably was suggested by someone not employed by the AFL.
When did that start? Vague memory it was 2010, but my memory is crap these days.

Charlie did nothing wrong, no snub, he was excited and the AFL wants to enforce "cute spontaneity".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you're being a bit harsh on Charlie.

Sure he missed some goals, but he set the tone early with two massive, crunching tackles in the first five minutes.

As good a team effort as I've seen from a premier in recent times.
he got his redemption from the Adelaide GF disaster. -copped a early injury and went cold and quite.
Been a great player for Bris, he deserves his prem medal.

When did that start? Vague memory it was 2010, but my memory is crap these days.

Charlie did nothing wrong, no snub, he was excited and the AFL wants to enforce "cute spontaneity".

Feels like 10 or 15 years ago so could be right.

I know its not wrong but still not the best look to burn a kid who is so excited.

One job. Shake a hand and put a hat on the kids head. Seriously

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The players who didn’t get it right ( Cameron and ? ) should have to go back to the kid and offer them a day out hanging out at the club with them with all you can eat ice cream

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final AFL 2024 GRAND FINAL: 2024 Premiers BRISBANE LIONS

Back